Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Too Windy To Kayak

6:09
7:12
It's 8:30 and I just returned from a ten-minute paddle, the winds and waves so severe that I could make little progress paddling into the wind so I came home.  We had heavy, often gusty southerly winds for the past 36 hours and it looks like it will continue most of the day.

A Brief Kayak Morning
Yesterday was, as mentioned above, windy with some sun and temperatures in the high 60's  Because of the winds, we had to move Evie's plants so they were sheltered from the heavy winds yet get some sunlight.  I did get in a paddle before the lake became too choppy, finished up the blog, and had a smoothie for breakfast.  I wanted to return a pair of shorts I bought on Monday, so I drove into Lakewood, returned them, and stopped at the local grocery store, Brigiotti's, for vegetables and feta cheese.  I was also able to go to the bank's ATM which was open and even used the drive-through as there was no line up of cars.

When I returned home, Evie was beginning to work on weeding and edging the front yard as well as the privets. I was feeling less than peppy so I had lunch, the leftover over chicken tikka masala with yogurt, and watched another FAUDA episode.  I finished my Virgil Flowers and returned to my Winston Churchhill book although I am not into it.  I did nap and woke feeling a bit better so I went out and helped Evie in the yard, then did some watering until we were both pooped and sat on the front porch, admiring our yard.

I suggested passing on making dinner and I would drive to Greenhurst and pick up our dinner, Steener's steak special with fries.  Evie was amenable, so we poured ourselves a glass of wine, listened to Nimrod talk about hydroxychloroquine until it was 6:15 went I drove off to get our dinners.

The special was a mistake because neither of our steaks was tasty nor tender, both overcooked and tough.  This may be the last time for steak night. We watched our usual list of shows, Colbert, then finishing up The Last Dance, alas, one of the best sports documentaries I have ever seen which made Michael Jordan out to be the GOAT.  We finished up Dead To Me as well which ended with another surprise, setting up for another season.  We then watched Cheers to end the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...