Friday, May 1, 2020

Like Glass


View From Our Window
6:20
6:23
It's 8:45, overcast after a brief sunrise and I have been out paddling.  The lake, like glass, was so inviting that I was out for over an hour, across to Long Point, back to Wells Bay and home.  For some reason, I saw little waterfowl, just the usual buffleheads, and mallards. I was the only out, no fishing boats, no kayaks.  The lake was all mine.

Kayaking Towards Long Point
Northern Sky
Our Loon
Yesterday was a great day for kayaking because I photographed both a blue-winged teal and a great blue heron which made my morning,  After that, all was the same, writing the blog, having breakfast, and looking for something to do.  I cleaned up the kitchen, decided I wanted a day off from yoga so I decided to move photographs from my computer to an external hard drive, where I am saving all our photographs from the past 50 years. They are saved as well on Google photos just in case the hard drive has a problem.  For some reason, I had to download once again all the photos on the external hard drive which took close to 24 hours so that I did not add the most photos from 2020 this morning.  All is well, however, so I am relieved.

Ground Hog Day
I read my book much of the morning, then went for a short walk around the neighborhood and tried out my bike before coming in for lunch at 12:15.  Evie microwaved a container of chicken tikka masala from the freezer and with yogurt, I was happy.   I watched two episodes of Fauda, and am about to finish the first season.  Even though I am rewatching it, it's still good.

Bestor Plaza And Smith Library
Midafternoon, after my nap and when I got tired of sitting on the couch and reading, we decided to get some exercise and drove over to the Chautauqua Institution for a walk.  We ran into two or three other couples walking but that was about it and the CI streets seemed empty although I am sure lots of summer residences are occupied.  No one knows whether there will be a season; the decision supposedly will be made May 15. 

5:26
When we returned from the walk, we both prepped our dinner.  Evie pounded the pork tenderloin into Wienerschnitzel and breaded it while I washed the red potatoes and cleaned and cut the brussel sprout.  We then had our wine and watched the blue sky filled with puffy clouds turn dark and rain briefly ten minutes later.

5:37
Around 6:00, we were hungry so Evie made a salad and fried the Wienerschnitzel and roasted the Brussel sprouts.  Once both were done, we had another great dinner, with homemade apple sauce, always delicious because we were particularly hungry.  After some news, we watched Home Town, then Colbert, and two episodes of Home Land as its finally getting exciting and tense.  We did not watch Cheers to end the evening for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...