Saturday, May 23, 2020

Early Fog, Then Clearing

5:59
6:25
9:29
Tina And Jim
It's just after 9:00 and I just returned from an hour on the lake, down to Sandy Bottom, then across to Long Point and home to Woodlawn.  I started out in the fog, unable to see Long Point but within 15 minutes, the fog dissipated and crossed to Long Point.  I also ran into our neighbors, Tina and Jim, out for their early morning paddle like me.

Kayak Morning
Long Point
Fog Rising Near Warner Bay
Yesterday was another yard day, seemingly never-ending. In fact, I cannot even remember what we did at the moment.  Let me think back.  I did kayak, had breakfast, then what?  Ah, now I remember.  I pulled out the buoys from our garage, attached each one to a cement block with a rope, then paddled them out to in front of our dock, two at a time, and dropped them in the water.  It acts as a barrier to boats so they don't cut in front of our dock where we always swim.  That took me to lunchtime.  Evie was busy somewhere in the yard, but I cannot think where. 

We FINALLY Have Some Purple Martins
Lunch was the leftover sub and some Utz pretzels, chock full of salt, the way I like them.  I watched my show and am sad because I am nearing the end of the series.  While I napped, Evie drove into Mayville to pick up a prescription at Rite Aid and did a quick run-through Tops Market.  She also stopped at a bed and breakfast to pick up new face mask with better protection.  By the time she returned, I was reading on the couch and she was ready for some porch time. 

It started to rain around 4:00 and continued the rest of the day and evening, into this morning, an accumulation of an inch and a half.  It's amazing what rain like that, sustained but gentle, does to a garden.  It's as if things have popped up overnight or grown a couple of inches.  We did bring the dahlias on to the porch, afraid the rain might be too heavy for the new shoots.

Dinner was the leftover chicken, cut up in gravy, along with asparagus, fried potatoes and coleslaw.  It was even better than the night before.  We watched Colbert interview Biden with trepidation but he handled himself well, no faux pau. We ended the night with three episodes of Better Call Saul and finally realized we probably watched Season Three a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...