Saturday, May 2, 2020

Cloudy Now, Foggy Early


6:33
6:33
It's 8:37 and we are sitting in the living room, as the wind picks up, the sky clouds over, the lake begins to wrinkle.  I did get in almost an hour paddle, down to the Power Boat Club and back.  I did not see any interesting waterfowl and was irritated to see fishing boats out on my private lake.  I better get used to it. 

Kayak Morning
Clouding Up
We were excited yesterday because we were going to take a road trip.  First, however, I was able to get in a glorious paddle on a mirror-like lake.  What a great way to start the day.  We both decided to get cleaned up, taking shower and for me, putting on a flannel shirt for the first time in four weeks, no tee shirt and fleece,  I even put on jeans.  We drove to Erie for the opening of our favorite nursery, Stan's in Erie East. 

Spring Colors
The parking lot was crowded, with lots of others with the same idea as us.  The nursery and store, however, did not seem crowded.  We browsed and picked up some wave petunias for Evie's flower boxes, some herbs, grass seed, and a dahlia. Before we left, we called Orton's Farm Market in North East and reserved a cherry pie.  We picked it up after the nursery along with two potbellies of chocolate milk, Evie's favorite. 

At Orton's Farm Market
We were home by 1:00 and I heated up some cauliflower soup and made a bagel with cream cheese to go along with it.  I watched the final episode of Season One of Fauda and will start Season Two today.  Since I finished my Tana French, I started a new, recommended novel from Denmark called The Chestnut Man by Soren Sveistrup.  So far, so good.  We did not do much the rest of the afternoon, unfortunately, it's fast becoming our routine.  By 4:00, I got fed up with myself and practiced Yoga for the Back With Adriene which made me feel a bit better. 

6:41
Around 5:00, as we sat down with our wine, we watched an osprey or eagle, for the third day in a row, dive from our neighbor's tree, pluck a fish out of the water, and fly away.  He's too fast for us to get a photo.  We went through the Shutterfly album once again as Evie continues to improve it to add and subtract photos.  She is getting closer to sending it off.  Around 6:30, the rice was done,  the garlic spinach made, so Evie put the marinated salmon in the oven.  Fifteen minutes later we had our dinner, as we sat in front of the TV watching a couple episodes of Home from Apple 'TV, a series that examines original architects, the homes they have built.

Wood Duck In Our Front Yard
Wood Duck Pair
Around 8:00, we took time out to wash up the dishes and I was surprised to see a pair of wood ducks in our front yard, looking for food.  After the dishes, we helped ourselves to the cherry pie, topped it with vanilla ice cream and watched two more episodes of Homeland, laughing occasionally at the silliness at Carrie going rogue for the umpteenth time.  And that was it for the night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...