Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Beautiful Day


An Oblivious Miuskrat
6:05
6:11
I cannot believe how late it is as I start my blog.  I was up at 6:00 but didn't get in the lake to kayak until 7:30 and I was out close to an hour and a half, paddling to Tom's Point and back.  Unfortunately, it was not a good morning for birding, no herons, eagles, or ospreys, just a few mallards, some cormorants off in the distance and luckily, a close up of a muskrat.

Kaying Into The Sun

The Bridge From Tom's Point

Paddling North
Yesterday morning, like this morning, was stellar, clear skies, a sunrise, and blue skies most of the day.  I paddled for an hour, came home to finish the blog and breakfast. Since it was such a nice morning and cool, it seemed perfect for us to go for a walk around Long Point State Park.  So we left around 10:30, drove out on Lakeside Drive, parked, and walked a couple of miles through a slowly greening park.  We were the only ones on the trails so it's back to normal, just us and the woods.  Weekends, perhaps later in the day might be different, especially if the fat tire bikers are out.

A Slow Greening
Mayapples
We felt good about ourselves when we returned although we both seemed to have lost our mojo.  Evie had enough to make me an egg burrito and get our dinner started, pork ribs, with sauerkraut, and tomatoes.  At 12: 30, we walked out on the dock because three F 35 fighter planes were flying over the lake to salute health care workers.  Unfortunately, at least for us, they were difficult to see and were gone in ten seconds.  Lots of people were out on docks, over at Long Point to watch which was nice.  I had my lunch, the burrito with ham and bean soup, and watched my show and am almost finished with the second season of Fauda.  I read some but neither one of the books I have started has grabbed me so I fell asleep for a good hour, waking somewhat refreshed.

We both decided, despite the wind to get some things done outside. I decided to dig up some areas around our downed tree that were all weeds and Evie started working on marking her yogurt tubs for her dahlias.  I ended up needing more dirt than I thought, so I took another trip to Tri James for some topsoil.  I filled in the divots, seeded them, spread a thin layer of topsoil, and watered all of the new grassy areas. By the time I was done, Evie had had it as well, so we both went in and enjoyed our late afternoon beer (Evie's second since self-isolation) for a change before dinner. 

The ribs and sauerkraut were already done so Evie quickly boiled some potatoes and mashed them to go along with the dinner.  This is another one of our favorites and easy.  Nothing like fall-apart pork, sauerkraut with tomatoes along with mashed potatoes.  Yum.  We watched another episode of The Last Dance, then a couple episodes of Dead To Me before finishing the night with Cheers.

Driftwood Or Muskrat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...