Sunday, May 24, 2020

Partly Cloudy With Bursts Of Sun

Only 1,000 of the 100,000 People Listed Who Died From Covid 19
                                                     

6:21
8:21
It's 8:23, Evie just came downstairs for coffee and I have been out on the lake for just under an hour, over to the Bathhouse, along Long Point, then to Sandy Bottom and home, a nice way to start a Sunday in May.

Kayak Morning
Paddling North

A Noble Great Blue Heron On the Long Point Fishing Dock
We had an enjoyable Sunday, getting a few things done in the morning, then relaxing in the afternoon on the dock.  I started with a long kayak, then did a few things in the garden after breakfast, making sure that the privets and other plants were fertilized. Then, because of the weather forecast for days in the '80s, we put air conditioners in the bedroom window, something we usually don't have to do until late July.  We ended our morning work with a haircut for me, much needed, and then I showered and was ready to do nothing the rest of the day.  Evie had heated up the leftover chicken and rice before going out on the dock to read and enjoy the afternoon sun.  I finished up my lunch, watched my show, read some of my new book Plum Island, a Nelson Demille bestseller, and briefly napped. My routine does not change much.

I joined Evie on the dock around 3:00 and both of us remarked at how noisy it was, with sea doos, bass boats, and recreation boats cruising up and down the lake.  We have been used to an empty lake, few neighbors, and quiet.  We will have to wait for late October for the quiet to return.  I had enough of the dock by 4:30 so I came in and practiced yoga for a half-hour, something that always makes me feel better.

Looking Forward To My First Manhattan 
Around 6:00,  I made us  Manhattans, after all, it was Saturday night and Evie baked some loaded nachos for an appetizer.  We sat on our porch for the first time in months with our drinks and appetizers and enjoyed it so much we had a second Manhattan and did not come in for dinner until 8:00.

A View From Our Porch Last Evening
How fortunate we are to have this porch and a view of the lake.  Dinner, a frozen ziti, was warming up in the oven, so all we had to do was plate it and we had an easy dinner.  We watched some of the depressing Covid19 news, then Colbert, and a  Real-Time With Bill Maher before going up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...