Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Wasted Day

6:02
6:09
6:11
7:09
It's 8:40 and we are both up, sitting in a living room full of sunshine.  What a contrast to yesterday's gloom.  I paddled for over an hour, over to Long Point, back to Wells Bay and home.  I spotted both a heron and osprey but when I started to focus my camera on them, they flew off and I missed them. 

Kayak Morning In Blue
Geese And Goslings On Long Point
As mentioned above, yesterday was unproductive, a result of the constant drizzle, overcast skies and cold. Neither of us wanted to step outside although I did get in some kayaking early.  The morning went quickly, however, for me.  After kayaking and breakfast, I practiced yoga for an hour with Adriene while Evie worked upstairs. 

And that was more or less it for the rest of the day for both of us.  Around 12:30, I had my lunch, a great quesadilla with avocado and tomatoes as well as a bowl of ham and bean soup.   I watched my show, then took another good nap, probably because I have been waking around 5:30 the last couple of days.  I am taking time out from my Churchill book and reading an Alexander Mc Call Smith mystery set in Sweden called, The Department of Sensitive Crimes, the first in a series.  It's decent so far, at least I have not put it down. 

The rest of the afternoon was a blur although I did walk to pick up the mail, my only real exercise of the day. The highlight of late afternoon was the Trump briefing.  He left in a huff after a reporter asked him a question he found insensitive.  In other words, he did not like it or her, an Asian woman.

We watched while enjoying a libation and Evie, fortunately, did not have to do much for dinner because we were having the leftover chicken on sourdough bread from a couple of nights ago.  We had Brussel sprouts and a salad to go with the chicken. And we watched a new series on Netflix that is currently hot although we started with Season One.  It's called Dead To Me and its twists and surprises kept us interested, ready to get back to it tonight.  We then watched two episodes of The Last Dance, both really good and that was it for the night.  No Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...