Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Morning Sun Makes A Comeback


6:45

7:05

7:40
It was strange to wake up to the partly cloudy sky, then a sun rising above the horizon, then disappear behind the clouds and then reappear. What a joy to see something other than utter gray.  And the migratory birds are back as I heard the screams of loons and picked out a group of hood mergansers float by our house as I was writing this blog.  I can't wait to get out on the lake.  It's 9:17 and I was able to get in a paddle, for once in sun on a blue lake although it was chilly, the first time I felt a bitter wind on my way home. 

Kayaking South

Kayaking North

Heading Home At 9:02
Yesterday was gray with drizzle on and off much of the day.  I kayaked in the drizzle before returning for breakfast, finishing the blog and for once, the photos worked and I was able to add them to my blog before heading off to yoga.  The class was good, about eight of us with Julie, with lots of work on our backs.  After class, I did not linger, just stopped at the library and picked up one of my favorite books, Olive Kitteridge, which I have decided to reread before reading Strout's new novel, Olive, Again.  I tried to get it online but there were 128 people in front of me.  It's easier and quicker to get an actual book that you can hold in your hand even though it's old fashion. 

Mallards In Flight

Home
Evie was ready to drive to the Y to work out and Wegmans when I returned.  She had hot dogs and buns out for my lunch, so after she left, I browned them, warmed up the buns, put them together with a slab of Stadium Mustard.  And I watched the first episode of Season Five of Line Of Duty.  I have one more season to go and then I will have to find something new to watch at noon.  I am reading a Virgil Flowers thriller, then I will get to Olive Kitteridge.  I fell asleep while reading, and it felt good to wake rested.  Evie was home earlier than usual, around 2:30.  We put away the groceries, and while she relaxed, I went outside, grabbed the aluminum ladder, and cleaned out the gutters, being extra careful because I know how dangerous ladders are for someone my age,

Finished With The Gutters
Our friends, Linda and Ron, were picking us up at 6:15, so we both showered and got gussied up for date night at Steener's Pub and their special, steaks and fries for two for twenty bucks. The steaks have been inconsistent but last night, all four of our dinners were excellent.  Steeners was surprisingly crowded.  I guess locals are catching on to the special.  We were able to get out of there, including a couple of beers,  for 35 bucks, including a 20 % tip, the best deal around.

Good Friends
We were home by 8:30 and watched a Colbert, some news, a few minutes of the Kansas//Duke basketball game until I was tired and wanted to head upstairs to read.  Evie stayed down for a while and channel surfed until she too was ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...