Friday, November 1, 2019

A Wild Night Of Wind And Rain



8:03
It's 6:30 and I have been up for an hour, listening to the wind howl, the rain (3 inches in past 24 hours) occasionally pelt the roof.  Snow flurries were predicted but it never got below freezing and at the moment, it's 37º, a striking contrast to yesterday's balmy 65º. No photos this morning because I am having trouble downloading them to the blog.  For some reason, I was able to put the photos on at Noon.

I cannot remember a more miserable Halloween than yesterday. I pity the kids who went trick or treating last night in the neighborhoods.  We are so isolated down here that we have never gotten any kids.  Anyways, yesterday began with problems with downloading photos from our trip onto the blog.  I never got the blog up until noon and still have not figured out what went wrong.  So after breakfast and a frustrating early morning, I went to breakfast in Bemus Point, surprisingly crowded because of three groups, the retired businessmen, the doctors, and our group, all men of course.  After breakfast, I drove to Lakewood and made it just in time to find a spot for my yoga kat because the class was so crowded.  After a good class, I stopped at Sav A Lot to pick up a few staples so we did not have to go to Wegman's for a couple of days.

Evie was busy upstairs when I came home and between the two of us, we finally got the blog up on the net.  For lunch, I had the leftover chicken soup and tuna on toast, with red onion and I watched my series.  I started a new book THE DUTCH HOUSE, by Ann Patchett. What a joy to read her and such a contrast to the spy novels I have been reading lately.  I could not wait to get back to it after my attempt at a nap.  Mid-afternoon,  Evie paid our bills online, a task she has been taking on the last few months.  It's nice to have someone else take care of it.

5:23 PM

6:03 PM
The rest of the afternoon we relaxed because Evie had already put together our dinner, pasta with butternut squash, spicy sausage, and spinach.  Once she was done, all we had to do was zap it in the microwave and we had dinner, along with a salad and a glass of wine.  It was an interesting pasta, substituting pureed squash for a tomato sauce.  We watched a couple of old Colberts, then the penultimate episode of Succession, Season 1.  We cannot wait to finish Season 1 because Season 2 is supposed to be much better.  We hope so because we still dislike everyone in the series and none have any redeeming qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...