Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Bright, Shiny Morning On The Lake



Sunshine And Blue Skies

7:00

7:18
7:18

7:19
Well, it's 9:30 as I start writing my blog, having just returned from a fifty-five-minute paddle north to Whitney Bay and back, hugging the shoreline.  It was chilly, 26º with a light wind but bearable. As I was about to turn back and head home, I saw a gray shape in the top of a tree, probably a squirrel nest, I pulled out my binoculars and realized it was a bald eagle.  I took a couple more paddles, pulled out my camera and he flew off.  What a disappointment.  I was up at 7:00 in time to watch the sunrise on a clear morning, light blue sky.


Kayak Morning
Geese In Flight
Yesterday was another crispy but sunny blue sky day.  We knew early we wanted to go for a walk so we quickly got busy, finishing the blog, having breakfast and gathering the trash before driving off to the Transfer Station.  We then drove over to the end of Lakeside Drive, parked the car and began our hike through Long Point State Park.  The trail was crusty, a result of other hikers, cross country skiers,  and fat-tire bikers.  It was fine in the woods but when we entered open areas, the southerly wind was bitter, almost making us turn around.  We stayed with it, made it to the tip and hiked back to our car, enjoying the shelter of the trees. 

Woods At Long Point

Blue Skies
We were home by 12:45 and Evie made me a great burrito, with eggs, tomatoes, ham, cheese and avocado, an overload of goodies.  I watched my show, Jack Ryan, then some football before getting back to Olive Kitteridge and finishing it.  I like it but not as much as I did on the first reading.  After a quick nap, I started Le Carre's newest spy novel, AGENT RUNNING IN THE FIELD.  So far, I really like it.  We both showered late afternoon and at 6:00, picked up our friends, Barb and Jim, because we were going out to dinner at Brazil's Craft Beer and Wine Lounge.  We were able to get seats at the bar, both of our favorite places to sit, ordered a couple of craft beers and shared three appetizers,  German pretzels with beer cheese, Korean fries with two fried eggs on top and a vegetarians pizza.  Everything was tasty, the beers cold and by 7:30, we were ready to walk over to the Reg Lenna, the local downtown theater, and watch DOWNTON ABBEY.  There was a good crowd for the film but we easily found good seats.  The film was as expected, schmaltz but entertaining, with striking settings, the best part of the film.  We left feeling that everything is right in Downton Abbey and were home by 10:30.  We watched some TV for a half-hour before going up to bed.  I was happy to get back to my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...