Thursday, November 14, 2019

Light Snow And Cold

6:54

7:40
It's just after 6:00 as I start this.  We received around an inch or two last night, enough to cover the car.  It's still cold, 24º, and I won't be kayaking this morning because I have breakfast at 8:00 and head to get my car's 60,000-mile checkup at 9:00 at Finn's in Niobe, NY. 

Yesterday was cold with a few flurries but nothing serious.  I did get in a paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back and it wasn't bad, just my hands were cold.  I then drove to Lakewood to yoga with Jen, just six of us but always a good class.  I did not linger and came straight home because Evie had a doctor's appointment in Jamestown at 1:00 with a podiatrist.  Lunch was the leftover soup and ham and cheese sandwich and instead of my series, I watched some of the impeachment hearings.  The two-state department diplomats were impressive, credible, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and articulate, striking contrasts to the blathering Nimbrod's press conference later in the day with Turkey's authoritarian leader, Erdogan. I listened to the impeachment hearings until the Republicans took over and began their whitewashing of Trump's attempt to bribe or extort 'arms for political dirt' by talking about the Bidens; I wonder why they didn't bring up Hilary and Benghazi.  Fox News would have. 

I finished my Jack Reacher, a bit much as he must have put bullets in at least 25 bad guys, mostly members of Ukrainian and Albanian mafias, a true vigilante.  And I started to reread one of my favorite novels, OLIVE KITTERIDGE.  I broke out laughing a number of times in the first few pages at some of the things Olive says.  Evie was home earlier than I expected, by 2:30, having gotten an x-ray of her sore foot in Jamestown.  We then relaxed, watched more of the impeachment hearings and the Trump/Erdogan press conference.  I had to laugh watching Trump daydream while Erdogan was talking.  There's no way he was listening or following what was said.  His attention span is about 30 seconds.

Fortunately, we had decided to go to the Viking Club for dinner so there was no need to get dinner ready or do up the dishes.  We left at 6:00, found a seat at the bar and were happy.  We shared a serving of wings, had a couple of beers, and caught up with a couple of friends who we have not seen in months.  It was fun to be there once again on a Wednesday, the only night they are open other than weekends.  We were home by 8:15 and were back in the routine, watching Colbert and Succession and also Jeopardy because it's champions week.  I went up to be early to get back to my book, Olive Kitteridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...