Friday, November 22, 2019

Dreary, Dreary, Morn


7:52
It's 8:00 as I start this blog and I have been up since 6:00, listening to a podcast about The Crown, then another about Luka Donci, the Slovenian basketball star who plays for the Dallas Mavericks.  Both were good listening, taking my mind off what's happening in the impeachment hearings.

Yesterday began with a short but pleasant paddle, off to the reeds and back, just enough so that I felt good about myself.  Then it was off to breakfast in Bemus Point, always fun and informational about what's happening locally.  I then drove to a Yin Yoga class, worked mostly on our hamstrings and met Evie at Home Depot where we finally finished up our carpet odyssey.  We upgraded our selection, paying m ore than we wanted, but think it was worth it to get the carpet we wanted, which is, of course, always more expensive.

I headed home, but Evie stopped to shop. I fixed myself some lunch, a sourdough bagel, and sardines, easy and healthy.  I watched another episode of Jack Ryan and Evie came home just as it ended.  I  finished my John le Carre novel, with its surprising humane ending, perhaps ending Nat's career as well.  And I started, Olive, Again, by Elizabeth Strout and once again, I am deep into life in Crosby, ME, and Olive's life of regret and uncertainty.  Evie spent most of the afternoon watching the impeachment and the riveting performance of Fiona Hill, a Russian expert who basically made fools of Devon Nunes and his theory that Ukraine, not Russia, interfered in the 2016 elections. Late afternoon, we enjoyed some downtime listening to NPR, watching the sky darken before getting dinner going.

4:45 PM
We decided on steaks for dinner, so Evie grilled some mushrooms and onions, made a salad, browned some home fries, then grilled the steaks inside and our dinner was better than any steaks we have had around here.  We watched Colbert, a couple of episodes of The Crown, both riveting, and then it was time to get back to Olive, Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...