Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Threatening Sky But No Rain


7:30
8:15
It's 7:15 overcast, dark clouds off in the distance, the first day its really felt like a fall morning.  It's 59º and we had light rain overnight, with little accumulation.  Today should be mostly cloudy and cool, with occasional wind gusts.  It's 8:20 and I just returned from a rough paddle, lots of wind, choppy and wavy lake, and chilly for the first time spring but I did catch a hawk sitting up on a tree branch, scouting the area for prey.

Kayak Morning

South

Among The Reeds
Yesterday was back to routine in some ways, in others not so.  I did get in a brief paddle, avoiding most of the rain. After breakfast and the blog, I drove to Lakewood for yoga with Julie, substituting for Danielle, a good class.  I then stopped for coffee before driving to Aldi's to pick up a few things for our taco night dinner.  I stopped for corn but it looks as though the season is through as the stand was filled with pumpkins, a sure sign of fall. 

 Hawk
Because of the overcast skies and rain, Evie was not out on the dock.  Instead, she was getting the wash done for the week and doing some cleaning in the kitchen.  I heated up the leftover butter chicken for lunch and watched my show.  I have a half more hour to go before I finish Showtime's City On The Hill with Kevin Bacon.  I have enjoyed it. 

And that was it for both of us as we stayed in the house the rest of the afternoon although it did clear up some mid-afternoon so Evie ended up reading on the front porch, wondering how long this temperant weather would last.

We had our wine at 5:00, then at 6:00, Evie browned the meat for tacos, cut up the lettuce and got out the salsa, cheese, and sour cream.  Although it was not Tuesday, I wanted tacos so for us, it was Taco Monday. We were loathe to start a new series, so we stuck with our stand bys, Colbert and Real Time With Bill Maher before ending the night with a quick race through the Emmy's, the only way to watch, avoiding all the commercials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...