Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Dark Skies, Quacking Ducks Greet The Morning


The Goofy Sister Selfies

9:10
It's 7:15 and both Evie and I are sitting on the front porch on a warm 68º morning.  I have seen no action on the lake so far other than ducks as it still looks threatening.  We received maybe two-tenths of an inch of rain last night, enough to wake me up briefly as it pounded the roof.  Kayaking this morning was choppy, making it difficult to get a photo because of the camera moving as the waves rocked the kayak. 

Kayak Morning

My Bald Eagle
Yesterday was a different Tuesday.  I did paddle early but didn't go to yoga because we had Evie's sister here and I had a luncheon date with friends from the Chautauqua Institution.  So after breakfast, Evie gave me a quick shearing so I looked presentable and friends picked me at 11:30 and we drove to Westfield to have lunch at The Park View, a neat place for lunch or brunch on a Sunday. 

Lunch With Charlie, Wendy, Fred, and Judy
I was excited to see they still have their pot pie on the menu, so I ordered that.  Our friends, Fred and Judy, will be heading back to Davidson, NC for the winter in a week so it was fun to get together with them before they leave as well as locals, like Evie and Me, Charlie and Wendy.  Lunch was fine, the conversation as usual, about health, children, and winter plans.  I was home to an empty house by 1:30, happy and full.

Hiking Long Point State Park
While I was gone, Evie, Elaine, and Alex took a four-mile hike through the woods of Long Point State Park and didn't get home until 2:30.  I had fallen asleep while reading as usual so when I woke, they were having a lunch of Evie's homemade soup and quesadillas.  We then spent the afternoon on the porch, with Evie and Elaine playing Scrabble, Alex and me on our devices or reading. 

The Aloha Boys
We left for dinner at the Rod and Gun Club at 6:15 because it was having a walleye fish fry night which sounded good to everyone.  Because it was a weekday after Labor Day, the club was not crowded and we easily found seats at the bar while our empty table waited for us.  We had beers at the bar, then moved to our table and all four of us ordered the fish fry from Mike, one of our favorite waiters.

Walleye Fry At The Rod And Gun Club
Everyone enjoyed their fish, a real treat for Evie to go out on a Tuesday.  We drove home in the dark, arriving around 8:30.  Evie had bought a carrot cake from Wegman's to celebrate Elaine and my birthdays which are coming up so we ate carrot cake while watching Elaine and Alex's favorite comedian on Netflix, Mike Birbiglia.  Although Evie and I don't usually like comedians, we both really enjoyed his hour-long show Thank God For Jokes on Netflix, a fun way to end the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...