Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sunshine. Bass Boats, And Cool



Dahlias Indoors

7:08
I was up just before 7:00, in time to see the sun slowly rise above Bemus Bay.  And, just after 7:00, the bass boats arrived, having raced south from the Prendergast Point boat launch.  At the moment, I can see five of them, sitting in the middle of the lake, a couple hundred yards off of Victoria.  I paddled over to the end of Lakeside Drive, then back to the reeds, photographing a couple of herons but no eagles or osprey.

Kayak Morning

Duck Huddle

The Old Man In The Tree
If we could have asked for a perfect fall day, yesterday would have been it.  Just warm enough to enjoy the dock or work in the yard, a pleasant breeze and sunny all day.  And for us, it was our usual Saturday kind of day.  I kayaked early, took my time writing the blog because I did not have yoga.  Evie was working in the kitchen when I got back, then helped put the blog out.  We are having my college roommate, Joe and his wife, Mary Lou,  stay with us tonight, on their way to their grandchildren in New Jersey.

By 10:30, I was ready to head to the Transfer Station, taking our trash from the week.  Afterward, I drove six miles to pick up corn from our favorite stand, then stopped at the Ashville General Store to pick up some sour cream and pretzels.  Hard to believe but they did not have a large bag of pretzels so I had to stop at Hogan's Hut and picked up two bags of Utz pretzels, perfect with an onion dip and a beer.

By the time I returned, Evie was ready to head out on the dock.  For lunch, I had the leftover half of her veal parmesan sandwich from Friday night's dinner and watched some of the Ohio State football game, then some of my show. While Evie read on the dock, I read inside, fell asleep then intended on joining her.  Unfortunately, before going out, I tried to fix a piece of drywall on my garage ceiling and the whole darn piece just collapsed, knocking everything off the shelf, making a mess all over the garage floor.  It took me a good forty-five minutes to clean it up and take the drywall and insulation off to the Transfer Station.  So I never made it out on the dock. Around 4:00, our neighbors brought their grandsons over to return a toy and thank Evie for their presents from the Treasure Chest.  Of course, they went home with a couple of more treasures.

Deciding On What To Take From The Treasure Chest
By 5:00, we were both ready for showers and getting dressed because we were going out to dinner with Linda and Ron to perhaps our favorite go to place, Rocco's in Fredonia, about a thirty-five-minute drive north. We were fortunate to get the last table for four in this tiny restaurant, a converted 1950's bungalow.  Almost anything we order is good but we often stick with the stand by, like eggplant parmesan for Evie.  Both Ron and I had the lasagna and Linda had fish.  My lasagna was different from the usual, more like a roll of noodles, with a sauce covering it.  It was great, as was their house salad with asiago cheese. 

After Dinner At Rocco's
We took our time getting home in the dark on the back roads of Chautauqua County.  We dropped Linda and Ron off and were home by 9:00 in time to watch Real Time With Bill Maher before bed, the end to a glorious day on the lake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...