Friday, September 27, 2019

Orange Glow On The Horizon


Crescent Moon Morning

6:45

6:46
 It's 6:30 and I have been up since 5:00, waiting for some color, on a cold 46º morning.  A slice of the moon is hanging in the sky, above the lake,  as the glow of orange radiates from the Bemus shoreline.  No one is out on the lake yet, calm in close, a bit ruffled out towards the middle.  I listened to Morning Joe for about ten minutes, had enough and am back to Bill Simmons and football. 

Kayak Morning

Looking Up The Lake

Cormorant Up Close
Yesterday for some reason neither of us did much other than sitting around, feeling guilty because we were wasting the day, no yoga or kayaking for me, no baking, cooking, or working in the garden for Evie.  It was just one of those days.  For me, I barely made it to breakfast on time because I could not find my wallet, which I left in the car.  Breakfast was just the four of us but fun as always, with lots of stories we have probably heard before but don't remember.  I have been out paddling for an hour, the first twenty minutes into the sun as I head to Tom's Point.  It was a blue morning, sky and lake, the sun's reflection dazzling on the lake. 

I missed yoga and kayaking but decided to do something I have been dreading, moving my Aperture Libary from the Mac to Photos because Aperture will no longer be functional on my Mac.  I called Apple, got a consultant, learned how to do it but as usual, a bug appeared, that my library needed to be repaired.  So I repaired it supposedly, tried again but the same thing happened,  my library has to be repaired although I supposedly repaired it.  This downloading, then finding out it was not working took up a good part of my morning and part of the afternoon, with two calls to Apple.  And it still does not work so I will be on the phone again either today or tomorrow.  I did take time out to have lunch, a leftover half of a sandwich from my breakfast and started a new cop procedural, Line of Duty, a British show.

Meanwhile, Evie was ensconced in front of the TV occasionally complaining about something that was said during the House hearings concerning the whistleblower letter.  I would stop in and watch for five or ten minutes but Evie hung in there all morning and part of the afternoon, thus getting nothing done but happy with it.  She even had popcorn to keep her happy.

Victoria Woods
Around 3:30 I could not stand working on downloading photos and failing any longer so I put on some hiking boots and went for a walk in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, taking my time, catching a hawk in a tree just as I started. 

Deadfall On The Trail

A Dry Victoria Creek

Looking North, Towards Woodlawn
The woods settled me down, made me forget my failures with the photo apps and I was out close to forty minutes.  When I returned, it was wine time on the front porch and though it was chilly, we had blankets to keep us warm along with some cut up cauliflower and radishes with a dip, for once a semi-healthy snack.

Autumn Colors Begin
For dinner, we had enough of Wednesday nights pasta with shrimp and asparagus so both of us were happy, a tasty and easy dinner, just pop it in the microwave.  We watched Colbert of course, then more of the news, switching back and forth between CNN and Fox, for a laugh.  They are still talking about Hilary's emails.  When Evie went up to bed, I watched 15 minutes of NFL football on Amazon Prime as they are now offering Thursday night games for Prime viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...