Friday, September 6, 2019

Clear And Cool


6:17

7:05
Neighbors' Skiing
It's 6:40 and I have been up for an hour, waiting for the sun to rise.  It's a chilly 41ºs with fog rising off of the lake.  A few boats are out already, taking advantage of the great morning.  It was a beautiful morning for a paddle, into the sun, then off to Victoria and home. 

Kayak Morning

Wood Ducks

Mallards Hanging At Our Dock Ladder
Yesterday was fall-like, just the kind of September day we like.  I should have kayaked but I didn't.  I should have hiked or gone to yoga but I didn't.  Instead, I went to breakfast in Bemus, then to the dentist, again, at 9:30 for a root canal.  By 10:30, I was on my way to Aldi's, to pick up a few things for the weekend.  When I returned home, it was time for my lunch, lentil soup and a hummus and tomato wrap.  I watched my show, napped briefly, did some reading until Evie powered up the lawnmower.

Biking To Long Point
By then I was ready to do something, so I tied my bike on my car and drove over to Bemus and biked down to Long Point State Park, through the woods to the end of Long Point and back to my car.  It was a perfect day for a ride, cool, sunny, with the wind to keep me cool.  Evie was prepping dinner when I returned home, having finished cutting the lawn.

Good Morning
We spent a good hour on the front porch enjoying a glass of wine before Evie put the portobello mushrooms in the oven, which she had stuffed earlier with garlic spinach, tomatoes, and cheese. Dinner was the portobellos with corn and a salad and we watched Colbert interview Joe Biden.  We don't' love Biden but he was better than we expected and I assume will be the nominee.  I would vote for him.  We then watched a bad movie, FIND ME, but stuck with it for some reason because of the scenery, many of the great state parks in Utah and California.  What made it even worse was the ridiculous music which accompanied the search by the protagonist for a friend hiking in the parks.  Why we stuck with it I am not sure.  Perhaps because the only alternative was the news, either Dorian or Trump redux.

A NOTE FROM THE ASSISTANT EDITOR:  Happy Birthday to Tom (aka Biff, Bob, Baba) from your #1 fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...