Thursday, September 5, 2019

A Chilly, Blue Sky Morning

6:23

6:59

7:01
It's 7:55 and the sun has just risen above the shoreline of Bemus Point, on its journey south.  Because it's a chilly 52º, I have a fleece on although there's little wind at this time to make it even more comfortable outside.  I bagged kayaking this morning, preferring to sit around, finish my blog and then I have breakfast in Bemus, another dentist appointment in Jamestown at 9:30

Yesterday seemed to be a wasted day which always seems to be the case when family leaves for home.  I  paddled early, getting in my only real routine of the day unless you count a dentist appointment.  We spent the morning on the porch talking with Evie's sister Elaine, enjoying her company until noon, when Alex, her son, finally woke up and they headed for home to Chicago, hoping to hit the city after 7:00 when traffic would be less horrific. And, like always, there's an emptiness in the house when family leaves and neither one of us felt like doing much.

Unfortunately, I had a dentist appointment in Jamestown at 2:00, so I had a quick lunch of Evie's soup and pita bread stuffed with hummus and tomatoes and watched my show.  I took a brief nap but was on my way to Jamestown by 2:30 for the replacing of a crown, no fun.  It went quickly and well, however, and I have another appointment this morning for a root canal, also no fun.  I stopped at Peterson's Farm on the way home and picked up a half of bushel of tomatoes for freezing and another basket of their delicious peaches before they go out of season.

Evie had wasted the afternoon, reading or watching TV, still suffering from family leaving ennui.  It was nice to see her doing nothing for once.  I joined her in doing little, just reading until it was wine time when we also just sat back and relaxed and listened to the radio, the news briefly then music.

We were hungry so we ate earlier than usual, at 6:30, the leftover moussaka and fresh corn on the cob.  And we looked forward to the last of the peach pie for dessert.  We did not feel like starting a new show yet so we channel surfed and watched some of the news programs, then HGTV, then Vice News, tennis and finally, a new Colbert.  We were both tired from our day of relaxing so we went up to bed early by 10:00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...