Saturday, September 7, 2019

Bass Boats And An Overcast Sky


A Cormorant Morning
6:28
What Else, An Emerging Dahlia
I was up at 6:00, hoping for some blue skies but it's not to be.  There's a bass tourney this morning so lots of boats roared out around 6:30 but now it's quiet as they are off to various sweet spots on the lake.  It's 8:50 and I just returned from kayaking over to Tom's Point and back, listening to the mellow tunes of The Eagles. 

Kayak Morning

Cormorant Cruising By
Yesterday was sunny and cool, with a calm morning, an afternoon breeze but it clouded up around 5:30.  After my paddle, I went to yoga class, just three of us.  It was more difficult than usual but I toughed it out, sort of.  I stopped for a cup of coffee but before driving home and they were celebrating Joyce's Dad's 87th birthday with a carrot cake.  I stayed for about ten minutes before driving home. 

Evie had been busy inside, prepping dinner and outside, working in the garden.  I was hungry so she made me a menemen for lunch along with some pita bread and I finished my series but started another on Showtime set in Boston, City On A Hill.  I started my new book after a couple of false starts, another David Silva Gabriel Allon thriller, maybe my 12th or 13th. 

The Silence Of The Woods
Late afternoon, Evie relaxed in the side yard reading but  I went in the woods to clear a trail, overgrown with weeds but it was too thick for my weed wacker so I gave up and will avoid that part. 

Mannie Time
Since yesterday was my birthday, we celebrated it the way I wanted.  We sat on the front porch with a Manhattan and a good cheese, enjoying the late afternoon view of the lake, the best view by the way.  Earlier, Evie had made one of my favorite Turkish dinners, a simple stew of meat, tomato paste and Turkish spices, called Tas Kebab.  And for dessert, Evie made a peach pie.  It was great way to celebrate, at home with Evie, the lake, and a home-cooked meal.  We watched Colbert and the devasting news concerning the Bahamas.  How do you take care of tens of thousands of survivors (mostly poor) without homes, services, and food?  I can't imagine what it would be like for five days without a home, power, food, water, the essentials and no hope in sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...