Sunday, September 29, 2019

Dark Cloud Bank Looms Over Bemus Bay

6:43

6:50

6:54
Well, it's 7:00 and one bass boat after another is busting out of the marina, heading either north or south on the lake.  I have been up since 5:30, watching the sky lighten, the star-filled sky disappear, as a dark cloud dominates the sky.  It's a windy 58ยบ morning.  It's 9:35 and I finished kayaking an hour ago.  I paddled down to Snug Harbor and back, easy-going down, tough coming back because of the wind and waves.

Kayak Morning 7:35

Kayak Morning 8:36
Heron On Boat Cover

Heron Near Snug Harbor
Yesterday was a typical Saturday until mid-afternoon when it began to drizzle.  Earlier, we were into a routine, with an early kayak paddle for me, then breakfast and finishing the blog.  Evie was up in the attic when I returned, starting the semi-annual task of reorganizing the attic, moving the summer stuff in, the winter stuff out. Unlike most homes, with have little storage and a single car garage so we are always short on space, especially because it's difficult to get rid of anything.  Fortunately, we did make a decision to get rid of a storage box and a couple of plastic chaise lounges we never used.  It took me then three trips to the transfer station to get rid of the box, chairs, and trash. 

Wood Duck

Snug Creek
By 11:00, we decided to take advantage of the morning sun and lake and cruised over beyond the bridge and back along the Bemus shoreline under an amazing sky of puffy clouds, a nice breeze keeping us cool.  It was a good idea to get out on the lake before the wind picked up.

Cruising Chautauqua Lake
By the time we were through with the organizing and taking out the trash and taking a boat ride, it was lunchtime so Evie made me a quesadilla and heated up the corn chowder for my lunch. I ate my lunch and watched my show and Evie went out to enjoy the sun on the dock.  After lunch, I read some, took a brief nap, read some and joined Evie on the dock for forty-five minutes.  A rain alert popped up on Evie's phone, so I put the cover on the boat, a sure way to ensure it won't rain but it did, forcing us both in the house. 

From then on, our lives were a waste, as we did little, moped around the house, watching junk on TV, reading and in my case, talking with Apple about my problems moving my photo library from Aperture to Photos.  I must have talked with the advisor for over an hour until it was time for dinner.  Earlier, Evie had put together a pasta sauce with mushrooms, so we ate that with a salad, a simple dinner, perfect for watching Real Time With Bill Maher.  Apple called me back around 8:00 and I spent another hour on the phone with them to no avail.  Nothing worked so I am getting a new external hard drive this week and we have a phone appointment for next Saturday at 2:45 to continue the efforts. All of this effort is to make sure I can save my photographs from the past twenty years, close to a half a terabyte.  We ended the evening with Colbert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...