Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Sun Rising Over Chautauqua Lake



6:38

7:15
It's 7:00 and the sun is slowly gaining strength as I sit here in my living room, watching it fill with light.  Let there be light!  I have been up for forty minutes or so, listening to a Bill Simmons podcast, almost depressing as the news because of his discussion of the Browns devastating loss on Sunday.  Both Trump and Browns are trainwrecks.  It's 8:45 and I am back from a paddle on a choppy lake but did manage a good photograph of a great blue heron and mallards feeding in the shallows of Long Point.

Great Blue Heron Fishing For Breakfast

Great Blue Among The Mallards
Yesterday began with a paddle, a few good photos of wildlife, and then a quick breakfast and finishing of the blog before I drove to Erie, for a quick appointment, then a bike ride on Presque Isle State Park.  It was an amazing day in the park, bikers, walkers, skaters and lots of family were out enjoying the sunny but pleasantly cool day.  I biked much of the lakeside, along the various beaches, some devasted by the storms and high waters, others quite fine.  I should have brought my bathing suit because the lake looked tempting.

Presque Isla State Park Beach On Lake Erie
On my way home, I stopped at Sarah's International Food on 12th Street, just before getting on the Bayfront Connector.  It's basically a Middle Eastern store with lots of Turkish products and open bins of grains, nuts, rice, things like that.  I picked up some Turkish salsa or tomato paste and some Middle Eastern yogurt just for the heck of it.  I then got on # 90 but got off at North East, Rt 89 to stop at Orton's Fruit Market, to return three empty bottles of Pot O Gold milk and pick up another half gallon and two potbellies of chocolate milk for Evie.

I didn't get home until 1:00 and Evie had been busy in the kitchrn but was reading in the side yard when I arrived.  I heated up the eggplant pasta for lunch, watched my show and fell asleep reading as is my wont.  The rest of the afternoon both of us took it easy, not wanting to do much more than reading or fall asleep reading, the good life.  It was perfect weather, just enough warmth from the sun to sit outside.

Dinner With Our Neighbors
We were going out to dinner at 6:00 with our neighbors, Bill, Joyce and their son, David, visiting for a week from Sacramento.  We were able to find a table in the Viking Club Bar on a beautiful night on the lake, with lots sitting outside on the terrace.  We ordered beers, then the specialty, Rueben sandwiches, with coleslaw and pickles.  As we were finishing our beers, waiting for our sandwiches, our neighbors, Jim and Barb walked in, so we invited them to sit down with us.  So it was a dinner for Woodlawn residents at the Viking Club. We stayed until 8:15, enjoying our meals and talking about the changes that have taken place in our neighborhood, with two new families moving into Woodlawn.

We were home in time to watch some TV and started a series on Showtime called ON BECOMING A GOOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA, about a family that gets in involved in a company like Amway, which seems to be a scam but you are never sure.  We are not sure whether it's something to continuing watching yet after two episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...