Monday, January 14, 2019

Sunny. Blue Skies, And 6º


7:52

7:52
Well, I did it.  I slept in until 7:45, awakened by a bedroom full of sunlight. I came downstairs, made the coffee and was surprised by how cold it was.  And there are a couple ice fishing tents out on the ice by Long Point.  The sun at the moment is so blinding that I will have to find another seat and the ice is so smooth and clear that I should be getting out my ice skates.  Maybe when I get younger.

Dragging Their Sleds Out To Fish
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny Sunday, cold but with blue skies.  And the fishing guys were out much of the days on the ice, braving two inches of ice.  We had our usual quiet morning, reading the various newspapers online, listening to NPR, thinking about what the day would bring.  Around 10:30 I decided it was too nice out to stay in all day so I hiked the woods because my cross country ski boots gave me a blister on Friday.  The walk was quite vigorous because of the snow as I had to bushwhack through close to a foot of the white stuff.  It was fun, however, and felt good to be out in the cold with a blue sky and sunshine for once.  I was only out for forty-five minutes but that was good enough.

Sunny And Snowy Sunday
Around noon, Evie put together our Sunday breakfast of eggs, home fries, bacon and a bagel.  Sunday breakfast rarely changes.  We watched CBS Sunday morning, always interesting and then I took a brief nap while Evie cleaned up the kitchen and watched some TV.  Around 2:00, Evie and I then watched the NFL game, as the Patriots and the amazing Tom Brady pummeled the Chargers. 

Ice Is Getting Crowded
Around 4:30, we drove over to Bemus, to a friend's house for cocktails and appetizers, a nice way to end the afternoon.  Afterward, Evie talked me into driving to Steeners' Irish Pub for dinner, a short way down the road.from our friend's house.  It was practically empty when we arrived, so we easily found seats at the bar although it began to fill up after 6:00.  Neither of us was that hungry so we shared a burger, fries and onion rings, a healthy Sunday dinner.  We watched the Saints/Eagles game on TV and left for home midway through the third quarter an watched the rest of the game at home.  I like Drew Brees so I was happy the Saints won although Evie was rooting for the Eagles, Michael Smerconish's team.

We ended the night watching a British series on Amazon Prime called INFORMER.  It's pretty good, about a young man from Pakistan forced to become a snitch for the British intelligence.  We watched two episodes before going up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...