Thursday, January 3, 2019

Everything's All White


Granny And Marisa At The Viking Club
7:50
It's 7:00 and I have been up for close to an hour.  When I walked outside to see if the paper had arrived, I was surprised by an inch or two of snow, turning what had been a muddy and leaf-strewn yard white.  I doubt if it will stay for long but at the moment, it's a delight to the eye.

Kayaking Wednesday Morning

Mallards Among The Icy Reeds
Yesterday began for me with a kayak paddle, as the lake was calm and inviting, despite the gray and overcast sky.  It was starting to ice over in a few spots but I was able to paddle down to Wells Bay and back without a problem.  I was able to photograph a couple of mallards, the only wildlife seemingly left on the lake, at least in front of our house.  When I returned, Beth and I left for yoga at 9:40 and enjoyed our class with Jen, heading home around 11:30, skipping coffee for once.

Victoria Reflections 

Pat And Dave's House
Marisa had just gotten up when we came home and Evie was making her breakfast.  She needed a good sleep in.  Beth felt like toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches, so Evie pulled out the griddle, toasted the sandwiches after having made a pot of matzo ball soup.  We decided to watch a movie during lunch and Marisa picked it out, a film called SET IT UP.  I lasted through the first half hour but kept falling asleep so I went up to read and took my usual nap. 

Around 4:00, Evie, Beth and I went for a walk in the Chautauqua Institution, stopped in the bookstore and enjoyed just being out in the cold.  The CI is practically empty of anyone except for construction guys.  The restaurants are all closed and only a few hundred residents remain.  It's a great place, however, for a walk.

Walking The Chautauqua Institution's Grounds
We decided to do something different for dinner, so we drove over the bridge to the Viking Club.  It's open on Wednesdays for what they call 'Wings and Things.'  It's usually well attended but last night it was practically empty and we had an easy time finding a table.  It's not fine dining as our appetizer, 'loaded tater tots' suggests.  Evie and Beth ordered burgers, Marisa chicken fingers, I had an order of wings.  We left around 8:30 full and happy, ready to get back to our comfy TV room and watch TV.  We decided it was too late for a movie so we watched a couple of episodes of The Great British Baking Show before going up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...