Friday, January 25, 2019

A Winter Comeback


7:30
I was up at 6:30, walked outside to get the paper and the moon was out, a dusting of snow on the car. Now, an hour later, it's cloudy up and snow has begun to fall, obscuring Long Point.  Five to eight inches may fall over the next 24 hours, a good day to hunker down with a good book, chili cooking on the stove.  Hint.  And the fickle Chautauqua weather has just changed, bringing us some sun and blue skies.
8:00
8:45
Yesterday was a good day for a layabout, as I woke with a mild tummy ache, canceling both breakfast in Bemus and yoga.  Maybe it was just in my head because I got through the day easily, even went out to dinner in Bemus.  But it bothered me enough to layabout most of the day, as Evie got her groove back.  While I watched another episode of FNL's, Evie did her PT exercises, made a shopping list, drove to the gym to walk on the treadmill, did her shopping at both Wegman's and Save A Lot, got her hair cut and came home around 4:00, only to find me on the couch, watching another episode of FNLs.  O, yea, I forgot to mention before heading to the store, Evie made her sick boy a great Turkish omelet, with feta and tomatoes, my first meal of the day.

Needless to say, I had gotten as much as I could out of a sort of being sick by late afternoon so that when Evie suggested we meet Linda and Ron at the Seezurh House, I jumped at the opportunity to get out of the house.  We met them at the Seezurh House at 6:30, with only a few patrons at the tables although the bar was busy.  I quickly ordered a sure panacea for my tummy, a Yuengling lager and for dinner, I had their 'world famous' beef on wick.  By the time we left, I was feeling great.  It was fun catching up with Linda and Ron, both are doing fine, Ron especially was excited because he was getting a new six-speed Volkswagen GTI this weekend, replacing his old one.  He's a German car man.

A Blast From The Past (2010)
We were home by 8:30, in time to watch some of our favorite shows, Colbert and Vice News before going up to bed.  I am almost finished with my David Silva novel.  Gabriel Allon has just been rescued from the evil Russian oligarch and I assume in the last few pages, he will wreak his revenge by putting a bullet in the bad guys head.  Predictable.

Finally, I want to send a thank you to two of our blog readers, Sam and Meg.  We just received a holiday card from them with a nice note.  By the way, we tried to get in touch with you at the end of the season but could not find your residence, perhaps you had already left for home.  We will get together for sure in Spring when you return to the lake.  Thanks again for the card.  We had just thought of you the day before we received the card, wondering how you were doing, a happy coincidence.  Have a healthy and easy winter,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...