Friday, January 11, 2019

Lake Freezes...Again On A Blue Sky Morning

7:15

8:15

8:00
It's 7:40 as I begin my blog as the sun breaks through some clouds and rises in the southeastern sky.  There's some blue sky this morning, some puffy clouds, and some sunlight over Bootey Bay.  It's a crispy morning outside, a chilly 18º, perhaps the coldest morning since winter began in December.

Yesterday was another snowy day, mostly in the morning, and cold.  Our plow guy came through twice, early morning and late evening, clearing probably a foot of snow.  I did lots of the shoveling on Wednesday but also on Thursday.  I was out cleaning off the car by 9:30 so I could get to yoga easily even though the roads were still icy.  And, fortunately, we canceled our breakfast, which gave me time to clear the parking area before driving off to Lakewood.  I was assuming class would be small because of the snow but Lakewood had much less snow and the sun was out.  So class was crowded as usual on Thursdays.  By the time I drove home, the roads were fine, the snow had more or less stopped except for a few flurries.

Evie was driving into Jamestown at 1:00 for physical therapy, so for lunch, I heated up some soup and warmed up some leftover pizza from last night's dinner (thanks Ron).  I watched another episode of Friday Night Lights as East Dillon won their first game of the year, with the freshmen quarterback getting some playing time, to the delight of his father, dismay of Coach Taylor who is getting pressure to play this kid more and more.  While Evie was out, I cleaned up the kitchen, did some reading, took a nap, the usual.  She was home by 3:00 and thought the PT was disappointing, mostly an interview and little physical therapy.

Around 4:00 I was tempted to walk the woods but was discouraged by a foot of snow and I did not have the energy to trek through it, to bushwhack without snowshoes so I relaxed with a glass of wine instead with Evie as we contemplated what to have for dinner, salmon or pancakes and sausage.  Pancakes won out, so Evie quickly put together the batter and I got out the griddle and we had dinner by 6:30, a good choice, buttermilk pancakes, maple syrup from our good friend DC, and sausage.  We then had a night of variety as we watched Colbert, an episode of Escape From Dannemora and ended the night with an episode of The Great British Baking Show.  By 10:00, I was ready to get back to my Michael Connelly book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...