Thursday, January 24, 2019

Let It Snow Or Rain



8:11

First Tent Of The Morning
It's 7:45 as I start my blog and I have been up since 7:00.  Evie's up too, so we are drinking coffee, listening to the same story on the radio that we listen to each morning.  Outside, it's all gray and white, as most of the snow on the lake has melted except for what fell last night.  A couple of fishing huts are out but smartly they are hugging the shoreline.  It's 32º and we received may an inch of wet snow overnight with more to come tonight and tomorrow.

Yesterday we had another warming up, as temperatures ended up in the '40s, melting the snow, creating slush and ice, making it scary to walk anywhere.  I was one of two people that ventured out to yoga class because of the weather I assume.  Our teacher was a substitute but fine, the one who rubs an analgesic on your shoulders and back at the beginning of class, sprays you with rose water and gives you a foot rub during savasana.  I can't believe I like it, just a SNAG (sensitive new age guy), I guess.

I didn't linger in the village because I had teeth cleaning appointment at 1:00 in Jamestown, so I drove straight home and Evie had lunch ready, a ham and cheese sub and her wheatberry soup.  I had time to watch part of the last episode of Friday Night Lights and things seem to be falling apart for the Patriot football program.  I was in Jamestown at 1:00 and literally slid down their parking lot because it was so icy and dangerous. The hygienist is new and for the first time in memory, I received a compliment, that I was doing a fine job of flossing and brushing my teeth.  Usually, it's you should be doing this or that better.  I liked her needless to say.  I stopped at an always empty Tops grocery in Jamestown, picked up a few things for dinner, then stopped at Peterson's Farm store and picked up 50 pounds of sunflower seeds for the birds.  Because they have been so sparse lately, we were wondering if it was the sunflower seeds, so we are going to try the new bag.

Found A Sweet Spot, In Front Of Our House

This Guy, Too
The rest of the afternoon was spent either relaxing and reading for me, prepping for our dinner guests for Evie.  By the time our neighbors, John and Maryann arrived at 6:00, everything was ready, the salmon marinated and ready to be put in the oven with the green beans and bacon and salad made.  And like good neighbors, they came bearing gifts, a homemade cherry pie and cornbread to compliment our dinner. Yum.  The thought of cherry pie made it difficult for me to concentrate on my dinner.

Good Friends, Great Neighbors
We enjoyed Trader Joe's 'unexpected cheddar' for appetizers, then devoured the salmon, cooked perfectly (after a couple of tries), with cornbread and salad.  The cherry pie was exceptional, especially the homemade crust, John's specialty.  We ended up talking about our kids and their first grandchild, due in February.  They are excited.  Around 10:00, we were both full and tired, so they headed home and Evie gave a start to cleaning up the kitchen.  She stayed down and watched some TV but I was tired from doing nothing so I went up to get back to my Gabriel Allon thriller.  It was a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...