Thursday, October 4, 2018

Waiting For A Storm

7:04

7:05

7:05

7:06

9:26
 It's 7:35 and I have been up since 7:00, watching a spectacular morning sky disappear as the heavy storm clouds move into the lake.  The south end is still light, the north end dark with clouds.  I have breakfast at 8:00 but the weather may get in the way.

Yesterday was atypical at least for me as I passed on both yoga and kayaking.  So it was strange not to be in a rush, getting in a paddle, breakfast, the blog, then yoga, all in the morning.  By 10:00, I was ready to get my major chore of the day done, taking my boat to my Amish canvas maker.  My boat needs a new cover, a bimini, and boot.  So I drove to where my boat is stored, hooked it up to my Outback and pulled it about ten bumpy miles, on some rough roads to the Amish area where my canvas maker lives.  I talked with him about what I wanted, and he said it should be done in a couple of weeks.  He had a number of friends over because there were three or four wagons there with horses, so they were having a gathering.  It's beautiful country, lots of trees and grazing lands, where he has numerous sheep grazing.  It's always a relief to get my boat out of the water and ready to be stored, so I was happy and no longer anxious on my way home.  Trailering my boat always makes me nervous, probably because I do it only twice a year.

When I returned home, it was starting to clear up and the sun came out, a surprise because we thought we might have rain.  I guess the weather gods were saving it for this morning.  I was ready for lunch so Evie made me a couple of pork schnitzel sandwiches, with mayo and tomatoes and I watched another episode of LUTHER.  I like him, the side story but the major story is always about some deranged psycho killer which I find uninteresting and unnecessarily violent.  I guess that's what people like.

We had another leisurely, what else, afternoon, as Evie took advantage of the sun and lounged outside, moving her chair each time the sun moved behind the trees.  I got in my nap, did some reading, but never made it outside, most likely tired out from my morning job, not really, just lazy.

We had another easy dinner, leftover moussaka, salad, and garlic bread and if possible, the moussaka was even better last night.  We watched a movie that we loved, based on a novel with a strange title, The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society.  It's a romance, set just after WW II on the island of Guernsey which was occupied by the Nazis during the war.  It's a delight to watch if that can ever be said about a Nazi occupation.  It's been called a mini Downton Abbey, and the director, Mike Newell, also directed the hilarious FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  After the movie, we watched another Colbert before bed.

A Bit Of Nostalgia:

Our Return To Istanbul, Fall, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...