Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Another Blue Sky Morning

6:43

7:05

7:31
We are both up early this morning because we have to drive to Cleveland for Evie's pre-op at the Cleveland Clinic.  We want to be off by 8:15, giving us plenty of time in case we have to stop.  It's another great Chautauqua morning on the lake, pink sky, puffy clouds, a balmy 57º and should be just as nice as yesterday.

7:32
Yesterday was my kind of day, maybe a bit warmer than I wanted but still, almost perfection, with blue skies, puffy clouds, a blue lake and I seemed to have gotten my mojo back.  I had a great paddle for an hour and when I returned, the lake looked so nice that I talked Evie easily into going for our first swim in a couple of weeks.

Here I Go
The lake was clear and cold but not so cold that you became numb and once you were in, it was actually enjoyable.  Honestly.  After the swim, I drove into the country to talk to our Amish chair builder about the chairs we bought that we hardly use because they are uncomfortable.  Of course, he was off working so I will have to go back.  On my way home, I stopped at the Ashville Country Store and ordered a sub called a hijacker which is basically your Cuban sandwich.  When I got home, I wrapped it in tin foil and put it in the oven for forty-five minutes until both Evie and I were hungry.  She had a quarter, and I had the rest with a small bowl of white bean stew.  Yep, I still have some left if you want to come over.  I watched another LUTHER but it took me 15 minutes to realize I had already watched this episode.  At least I know what is going on.

After LUTHER, I took a brief nap and Evie went back out in the yard to enjoy the sun.  I woke ready to get out on the dock, too, and enjoy the afternoon of sun, something we have not done in a week because of the rain.  I am not usually a sunbather but I loved it for some reason and worked up enough heat to jump back in the water for my second swim of the day.

Refreshing
I soon got antsy and decided I needed a hike, so I drove over to Long Point State Park for a hike in the woods.  I had to cut my hike short to forty-five minutes because it was warmer than I thought and I was sweaty and uncomfortable when I finished.

Fallen Leaves

Trail At Long Point State Park
On my way home, I stopped and bought a surprise for Evie, a couple bags of Utz chips, her favorite and onion dip.  We decided to have our chips with a glass of wine but before we sat down, I had to jump in the lake for my third dip of the day and it was just as cold and refreshing as the previous two times.
Autumn Colors
We were able to enjoy our wine and chips because dinner was basically made, leftover mushroom and sausage pasta from Friday night. We watched a series we had started a couple of months ago but forgot about it, The Affair, so we got caught up on it, watching two episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...