Friday, October 5, 2018

A Chilly, Windy And Gray Morning


7:13

7:52
A strong, cool southerly wind greeted me this 47º morning when I walked outside.  Usually, the southernly wind brings warm weather but not this morning, as the flag waves wildly, the wind howls, the lake ruffles. As I finish this blog, I am sitting in the Ryder's Cup coffee shop since our internet at home has been down since 7:30 for some unknown reason.

Finally, Some Sun And Blue Skies at 4:00
Yesterday was cloudy and humid until midafternoon when the sun finally came out and the blue skies reigned.  I was able to get to breakfast in Bemus before it began to rain and by the time we were finished eating, the rain had stopped.  I had one more thing to do hanging over me, a blood test, so when I returned home from breakfast, I finished up the blog then drove to Mayville for my test, then stopped at Tops to pick up a few things.  I was home by 10:30, with a whole day ahead of me and nothing I had to do.  Yippee.  Evie was up and enjoying the morning, knowing too that since we were going out dinner, she too did not have anything she 'had to do.'

Victoria Creek
It felt good to take it easy, have a lunch of kuru fasulye and rice and watch LUTHER.  The rest of the afternoon went quickly, a nap and some reading.  When the sun came out mid-afternoon, I was ready to take a walk, so I roused myself from the couch, grabbed my hiking poles, and walked our Victoria/Woodlawn woods.  I was surprised by all the fallen leaves, covering the path, many more than in our yards.  It felt good to be back in the woods and made me wonder why I don't get out there more often.  I have been too lazy lately.

View From Victoria, Looking West

Leaf Strewn Path
We drove to the Bemus Point Golf Club & Tap House at 6:15 and easily found a table.  It's a fairly new addition to the Bemus Point restaurant scene.  We were surprised by the great view out the window, of the golf course, its trees, green fairways, and gentle hills.  The menu was interesting, lots of different choices, so the four of us ordered different dinners, from burgers, to tacos, to salads, to Sheperd's Pie.

Dinner With Linda And Ron
Our only criticism would be the same we had when we sat at the bar opening night.  It's noisy and even though it was not crowded, we had some difficulty hearing each other.  We stayed until 8:00 and were home in time to watch Stephen and One Dollar.

An Artistic Rendering Of US:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...