Saturday, October 27, 2018

Rain On Another Cleveland Morning

My Main Man, My Brother In Law And Chef Extraordinaire, Rich
It's 7:00, pitch black outside, as I sit in my brother in law's living room.  I know Lake Erie is out there somewhere but I cannot see it, just hear the rain on the roof.  Since I am still in Cleveland, Evie's obviously still in the hospital.  We have great hopes that today is the day she will be able to head home, damn the rain!

Yesterday was pretty much a replay of the day before.  I got up early, sat around writing the blog for an hour, then my brother in law, Rich, made a big breakfast, his specialty, of eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast, a fine start to my morning.  I did not leave for the CC until 8:20, hoping to miss rush hour but ran into some stoppage around Eddy Road if you are familiar with the drive from Euclid to Cleveland.

When I arrived at the hospital, I actually found a place to park on the fifth floor instead of the usual, the roof.  The day then was typical, the same as the last two, with multiple tests for Evie to find why her blood pressure was so erratic.  She was dizzy early but as the day went on, she started feeling better, ate, did some walking with me, and her blood tests looked better.  They still wanted her to stay one more night to make sure everything was copacetic and we agreed since they seemed to think she would be discharged Saturday morning.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

A Wet Lake Erie Dusk
I stayed until 5:30, then drove back to Euclid, to stay another night at Rich's home.  He had made a pot of pasta sauce and his famous meatballs, so I was looking forward to a good dinner, after my first Manhattan in a couple of weeks and a glass of wine.  His son Richie and Sally also came over for dinner so we had fun talking about, what else, the good old days,  I am sure Rich and I bored the heck out of both of them.  After they left, Rich and I watched some Big Ten Volleyball until 9:45 when I decided to go up to bed.  A long day for me, even longer for Evie.

I am hoping the next time I write this blog, I will be sitting in a living room on Chautauqua Lake, not Lake Erie although it ain't too bad here either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...