Thursday, October 11, 2018

Rain And Dropping Temperatures

7:18

Dahlia
 It's 7:10 and starting to get light on a gray, wet morning.  The lake is calm, shadows are beginning to appear on its surface.  Right now, it's still a warm 68º but temperatures will drop 30º overnight, as we march towards winter.

Last Of The Dahlias?
Yesterday was the last sunny day for a while if you can believe the weatherman.  I had a good paddle before driving to yoga and to my surprise, I was the only one in class.  So I had a personal teacher for an hour.  Thus, I could not cheat on any of the asanas but all were aimed at a healthy back which I needed.  It made a difference because I did feel much better after class, standing tall for once.

Since I had not been shopping in five days, Evie had put together a big list for me.  I did stop at Ryders Cup for a coffee, dropped a check off at the ATM before shopping.  Wegman's was not very busy for once, so I zipped around the aisles and found a quick check out.  When I returned, Evie had been busy, finally working on clearing out the blue room where we put things we were too lazy to put in the attic.  In other words, it was a catch-all for junk, like pictures, quilts, shoes, toys, whatever we used during the summer.

Evie made me a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches for lunch and I finished the last of the white bean stew.  I made enough to last me a week and I never tired of it.  After lunch, we spent a good part of the afternoon watching the ongoing tragedy in Florida, as wind and rain, ransacked much of the Panhandle.  I took a nap, of course, then Evie (we) decided the lawn needed cutting and it was going to rain overnight, so I had better get going.  I fired up the lawnmower and by 4:30, I was done, ready to take a quick dip in the lake, then shower before wine time.

While I was cutting the lawn, Evie was putting together an Indian dinner of chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and a Masala simmer sauce from Trader Joe's.  Around 6:30, the rice was done, the naan was warm, the salad made.  We plated the chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli, topped it with a couple of dollops of yogurt and we had a great dinner.  We watched a couple episodes of THE AFFAIR on Showtime, then a Colbert from last Friday and finished with a laugh, another episode of CHEERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...