Saturday, October 13, 2018

Paddling In The Rain On A 39º Morning

7:24

8:52

8:52

9:03
It's 8:50 as I start my blog, having just returned from kayaking.  My paddle started in the rain but ended with the sun just starting to peak out from the cloudy sky.  My bare feet, surprisingly, were not cold, just my hands on a cold morning.  The herons seemed to have migrated South earlier than usual.  When I checked my blog for last year, herons were around until the end of October.  I did not get up till almost 7:00, just as a few bass boats flew out of Long Point Marina. I talked to one of the fishermen and he said it was a local tournament.

Kayak Morning
Fishing In The Rain And Fog
Yesterday was a productive day for Evie, as she was feeling better and was able to get lots of things done around the house, as fall begins to make itself felt, with falling leaves and temperatures.  I struggled to get in a paddle but turned around because the lake was too choppy.  And then went to yoga with Julie, a good class of me and only a few women.  I stopped at Sav A Lot, again, to pick up more ground chuck because Evie was making a big pot of chili to freeze for after her operation.  By the time she goes in, we will have a freezer full of meals, ready to be pulled out and heated up. 

A Nasty Looking Blue Jay 
The chili was done by 1:00, so I had a bowl for lunch, then watched another episode of LUTHER, read and took a nap.  My afternoon routine does not seem to change much.  Around 3:00, I received a call from my Amish canvas maker, to say my boat was ready.  So I decided to get that chore done and drove 14 miles to pick it up, then back to where I store it on Carpenter Pringle Road,  dropped it off and that's done for the year.  On the way home, I stopped at Reverie cheese and picked up a baguette and a half pound of their award-winning Tom cheese, a creamy, light cheddar tasting cheese.

We had planned on enjoying our wine with the cheese and bread and both were delicious, especially the cheese on a fresh baguette.  We lingered, until all was eaten, then went in and had our dinner, the warmed up leftover chicken, mushrooms and broccoli, with yogurt of course.  And we watched the final episode of THE AFFAIR, as things more or less became clear, but left it open for another season I am sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...