Sunday, October 28, 2018

Back At Our Lake, Finally

Home

7:29
We both were up around 7:00, happy to be in our own bed, of course.  I am downstairs, enjoying my coffee, looking at another gray sky and lake but I have no complaints.  We are home.  There's not a whisper of wind after probably 48 hours of rain, over 2.5 inches.  It's now 9:00 and I just finished my morning paddle.  Evie wanted me to get back in routine on my mornings and promised not to get up until I returned.  Despite the gray, it was a fine day on the lake, no wind, just me and a couple of geese/duck hunters, camouflaged on the bank just below Chestnut Hill.  They were so well hidden that I did not see them until they called out Good Morning.

Yep, Two Duck Hunters Found
Kayak Morning
Trees Are Slowly Starting To Turn
Yesterday, for me, started with rice cakes, covered with syrup, compliments of my brother in law Rich, a breakfast my Mom used to make with leftover rice.  I left for the hospital around 8:30 and Evie was getting instructions on how to walk, sit, go upstairs, things like that when I got there. Of course, things could not go as perfectly as her meds prescription, supposedly written on Wednesday, could not be found.  Fortunately, a doctor was there and he was able to rewrite them and I walked them over to the Pharmacy to get them filled, much quicker than waiting for them.  I went to get my car around 11:00 and picked up Evie who was taken downstairs in a wheelchair.  It was a wet, gray day but we were just happy to be in our car, on the way back to the lake.

Morning Along Victoria And Woodlawn
We had an easy ride home despite the weather, stopping once at Love's Truck Stop at the Ohio/Pennsylvania line.  We quickly unpacked and Evie was wiped out, so she went upstairs to lie down.  We were both tired from the trip, the week really, so we did not do much, found ourselves not knowing what to do with ourselves.  We weren't hungry, did not feel like TV, had to stay in so we both took naps, perhaps the best idea.

Morning Fishing And Long Point
So we just took it easy, trying to figure out how to organize our new life for the next few weeks.  Stairs are a problem because Evie should not go up and down more than once or twice a day, so we have to keep that in mind when the day begins.  Once she comes down, she should stay down for a good part of the day.  So that made sense.  Neither of us was hungry, so I had some of Evie's vegetable soup, with soda crackers, and Evie had an English muffin with jam and feta cheese and an apple.  We went to bed early, Evie falling asleep around 8:30.  I stayed up and watched some football and the World Series until I too went up to sleep at 9:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...