Monday, October 29, 2018

Rain, And More Rain

More Leaves At 8:10
I have been up since 6:40, catching up on Facebook, emails, and the news.  Evie is still sleeping and the house is quiet, no radio, no TV, just me waiting for the sky to lighten.  It's 40º and wet out there and I doubt if I will kayak.

Yesterday was a strange day, overcast with a slight drizzle on and off but it let up enough in the midafternoon for me to get out in the yard and mulch the leaf covered front yard.  It felt good to be outside after five days in hotels and hospitals. 

The day started with kayaking, at Evie's insistence, on a calm lake, overcast sky.  When I got home, we organized Evie so that the things she might need during the day were downstairs, so she would not have to go back up unless she wanted to nap in her bed.  She's to avoid stairs, sitting for long, and needs lots of bed rest, taking it easy.  And that's how her day went.  We have set up the couch in the TV room with quilts and a mattress off of a chaise lounge so it's comfortable enough to watch TV or doze off.  So she was able to stay downstairs, enjoy getting up and walking around the house, or puttering around in the kitchen when she wanted.

I made scrambled eggs and bacon, with an English muffin for breakfast around 1:00 and we watched some of the Browns game until we became discouraged and Evie fell asleep and I decided to go in the living room and nap as well.  Around 4:00 it had stopped raining, so I got out the lawn mower and mulched the front yard, the side yard bereft of leaves for the most part.  As I was finishing up, our good friends, Linda and Ron, stopped over for a half hour and brought a chicken tetrazzini dinner which we are looking forward to tonight's dinner.  It was good to see them.  Also, our other neighbors, Bud and Debi stopped by with a get well gift of their homemade maple syrup and our other neighbors, Jim and Barb, left us a beautiful plant and a get well card when we arrived home on Saturday.  Great neighbors and friends.

For dinner, I had gotten out a frozen meatloaf and after Evie had cut up a cauliflower and roasted it, I put the meatloaf in the oven and microwaved some Wegman's mashed red potatoes.  By the time dinner was ready and plated, Evie had fallen asleep so I let her sleep, ate my dinner, and watched the Rams and Packer game.  She woke after a half hour, enjoyed her dinner, and we then tried to find something worth watching on TV and went back to our old standby, saved Stephen Colbert shows.  Evie went up to be around 9:00 and I followed around 9:30, a pretty good day for both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...