Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A Morning Light Show


7:23

7:36

7:51

7:52
It's 7:00 as I sit here in darkness still, listening to the increasing drumbeat of rain.  I woke at 5:45 to lightning, thunder, and a short downpour.  By the time I walked downstairs, the rain had abated but the light show continued, so I sat out on the front porch to enjoy it.  The rain has just increased, no sign of a sunrise, utter darkness. I decided to bag paddling this morning, too much rain (an inch so far) and thunder and lightning. 

A Bouquet Of Dahlias
Yesterday was a busy fall day for both of us.  I kayaked early, left the house around 9:00, just as Evie was getting up.  The class was me and 15 women/ladies/gals, whatever is politically correct these days.  I felt refreshed after class, ready to hit Wegman's for an extensive buying spree, as Evie sent me her list on Wegman's app.  I wonder what people think as I go around Wegman's with my phone in hand, seemingly on an app while shopping.  I have to admit I have never seen anyone else using their phone and Wegman's app.  I actually found everything on the list although I had trouble finding the garlic which they moved a month or two ago and moved again this past week.  I guess if that's the only hitch in my day I am doing fine. 

When I  returned home, Evie was ready to get cooking, as she was going to put together a moussaka for tonight's dinner with friends.  It takes time, to roast the eggplants, make the sauces, sauteed the lamb, so that kept her busy for part of the afternoon.  It was nice to see her busy, happy to be in the kitchen.  I decided to get another fall chore out of the way, so I bailed out my rowboat and rowed out and brought in the various buoys that I put in the lake back in May.  They are attached to cement blocks and I have to pull them up, with the seaweed and zebra mussels, over the side of the boat.  I feel it this morning as my back aches.  But I got it done, put away the blocks for next year and cleaned the moss off the buoys.  It always feels good to get this done.  I looked forward to lunch, the white bean stew I made on Saturday and a part of a leftover meatball sandwich from Friday night's dinner.  I like leftovers. 

Evie took a long walk with our neighbor Joyce in the afternoon, through the campground and was gone for almost an hour (does that count talking to neighbors).  I finished my lunch, watched Luther, read and took a nap. When I woke, Evie was finishing up in the kitchen and since the sun had just appeared, she went out to enjoy it on the dock, bringing along a blanket but lasted just a short time.  Around 5:00 Evie prepped our salmon and spinach dinner so we could enjoy a glass of wine on the porch as the fog rolled in, slowly obscuring the Long Point side of the lake.  It was a strange early evening, as the fog usually arrives in the morning.

Long Point In Early Evening Fog
We had the salmon, done perfectly, with garlic spinach and brown rice and watched the next episode of A PLACE TO CALL HOME.  For some reason, we could not get on the regular and cable channels because Direct TV Now was having problems seemingly all over the Eastern part of the United States.  So we stuck to Netflix and Hulu which were available.  I guess DirectTVNOW is still in its beta stage. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...