Friday, October 26, 2018

Still In Cleveland (On Lake Erie)



7:38 East

7:39 West
I am sitting in my sister's house in Euclid, looking at Lake Erie, as our plans to get back to the lake yesterday were a bit premature.  Because of some complications with Evie's blood pressure, we put off coming home until we get an OK.  Today, we hope things have settled and we can leave for the lake.

So yesterday was more waiting, some anxiety as Evie's blood pressure dropped some after standing, then later in the day, after a walk, it was too high.  Both numbers were enough to keep her overnight.  I spent most of the day with her, occasionally walking like I did on Wednesday, getting lunch, more lentil soup, and a chicken shwarma.  I checked out of the hotel at noon and was able to leave my car with them until later in the day, saving me having to find a new parking area.  Once again, Evie's nurse, in fact, the whole staff, were amazing, accommodating and sympathetic, trying their best to get us home.  Then, by the end of the day, they agreed that Evie should spend another night, making sure her blood pressure had normalized.

Cleveland: 6:37 PM
I left around 5:30, picked up my car and drove to Euclid.  My sister was at an Ohio Garden Club conference in Columbus, so it was boys night at my brother in law Rich's house.  His son Richie and grandson Vince stopped over and we ordered a feast from a local Chinese carryout.  It was great and we all filled up on wonton soup, egg rolls, and three or four other dishes.  Rich and I ended up watching Good Fellas for some reason.  It was just starting and there was nothing else worth watching.  I had forgotten how violent it was.  It ended just after 9:00 and we both were tired so we went to bed early, just like a couple of golden-agers.

Lake Erie At 7:36 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...