Saturday, December 9, 2017

A Saturday In The Teens


7:38

8:24
It's our first really cold morning, so we are both wrapped in our blankets, as we sip our coffee, listen to NPR and watch the Canadian Geese and a couple of swans feed in front of our house.  I slept in late for me, until 7:20, so I am just getting around to writing this blog at 8:30.  No problem, right, it's Saturday, the weekend. 

Trumpeter Swans
Yesterday I forced myself to get up and out of the house and went to yoga at 9:30 despite the fact I still was feeling off.  Yoga, however, did me some good because I felt much better after class, good enough in fact to get a smoothie rather than a cup of coffee at Ryders.  I am living it up.  Afterwards, I stopped at Wegmans, where else, and picked up a number of things for this weekend as we both have decided we are tired of eating out and are staying in this weekend.  

When I got home, Evie was busy making Christmas cookies for our grandchildren.  They are my favorite, simple and tasty, sugar cookies and Evie made a plate for me as well.  Nothing fancy, just a cookie with a few sprinkles of sugar, the best.  I had an easy lunch, vegetable soup and a meatloaf sandwich and watched another episode of DARK.  It's getting more confusing and dark but I am sticking with it.  

The rest of the afternoon I took it easy but Evie had more baking to do.  Around 3:00, the Smith Libary called to say I had a book and some DVD's waiting for me, so I drove over and picked them up. When I returned, there must have been close to a thousand seagulls spread out in front of our neighborhood, like white dots on a blue canvas. 

Feeding Seagulls
Meanwhile, Evie had finished with cookies and was hard at work making a photo album on Shutterfly for Dot, her stepmother who lives in Scottsdale.  She must have spent close to two hours on it and I figured she was about done. NOPE,  she had just finished the cover.  I could have had the entire thing done in two hours but it would have been crappy.  Evie has the patience to make it good, almost perfect.

I finally got her to stop at the halfway point around 6:30.  Dinner, fortunately, was easy, our usual Sunday breakfast, of eggs, bacon, home fries and a bagel.  We were both hungry and devoured it, just what we wanted.  And I finally was able to get DVDs of a series I have been wanting to watch called A PLACE CALLED HOME, set in Australia.  I had heard many great things about this series (it's one of Michael Smerconish's favorites), and we watched the first three episodes and really liked it.  I think we have eight DVD's so we have lots of episodes to watch over the next couple of weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...