Saturday, December 16, 2017

Blustery Morning With More Snow (6-8 Inches)



7:51

8:23
 The whiteness of a winter morning has just begun to appear, as the sun has risen somewhere off to the south.  Our view is a canvas of white, broken only by the branches of our maple.  We must have gotten quite a bit of snow overnight because our car and parking area are once again filled with snow.  Our snow plow came by around 6:30, so our road is clear but our parking area has a ridge of at least a foot which we must shovel. 

Wintry Morning Gathering Of Swans And Geese
Yesterday was another easy day, no real tasks in mind, other than to enjoy the morning and afternoon, mostly in our nice warm house, protected from the single-digit temperatures early.  Evie can always keep busy, always finding things to do.  Not me, so I just sat around, read some articles on the NYTimes, finished my blog, read some and took photographs of birds, as they are loving our bird feeder.  We keep a camera in the kitchen to catch the birds at the decisive moment, like below.

Cardinal Perched with Red Twig in Backfround
In fact, as I got my coffee this morning, I counted at least eight finches at the feeder. Evie spent most of the morning making a couple of pans of baked ziti, then freezing them, to take to our daughter Jill's for Christmas Eve dinner.  I also watched some of the women's volleyball semifinals which was being played in Kansas City's Sprint Center.  Nebraska was playing top seed Penn State. Tonight's final pits Florida, who defeated Stanford against Nebraska. 

Woodlawn Pine Trees
Around 11:30, I went out for a short walk in the woods.  I started to bushwhack, making my own path through the foot deep snow but soon decided it was silly since I had been not feeling well, so I stayed on the roads, a much easier walk.  The pine trees are beautiful, their boughs frosted with snow, the ground white with tracks of various animals, mostly deer. 

A Red Bellied Woodpecker

A Beauty
I had a lunch of leftover spaghetti and meatballs, watched more of Sports Center although I wish I had a series to watch.  Evie is almost finished with her Christmas cards although it always seems like there's one more to make up on FELT.  After a brief nap, we went to Mayville for another doctor's appointment.  All my blood tests are okay, so my symptoms are an enigma, most likely a virus of some kind according to the doctor.  And I am beginning to feel better, sleeping better, fewer aches and pains. 

We did not get home until 5:00, wine time and Evie put together dinner, the leftover chicken, with mashed potatoes, gravy, and garlic spinach.  We both were a bit lost without another episode of A PLACE TO CALL HOME to watch.  So we mostly channel surfed between news, cooking shows, and a couple of shows, THIS IS US and REAL TIME with Bill Maher, a mostly boring night of TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...