Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Bright Sunny Morning


7:41

7:42

7:43
Not a cloud in the sky as I seek to avoid the bright sun, filling our living room with light.  It's a chilly 28º, as the temperatures dipped overnight, from a high of 50º yesterday afternoon. A gaggle of close to 50 Canadian geese are feeding off to our left, still hanging around before heading South.  I am tempted to kayak but when I got the paper, the strong westerly wind made me think twice.

Yesterday was a replay of the day before.  I was up and out of the house by 9:10, driving to Lakewood to yoga class at the Eight Limbs studio.  It was a good class and Julie and I caught up on our trips this past fall.  She traveled to the West, to Montana and Utah whereas I went South.  We had earlier talked about what sounded good for dinner and Evie suggested a meatloaf.  So I stopped at Save A Lot and picked up some ground beef, some black beans for soups and drove home.

Evie had soup and the leftover grits ready for my lunch, and we debated about what to do in the afternoon.  I took the usual route, lunch, nap, and some reading.  Evie, however, wanted to get a workout in as well as do some more shopping.  This time she worked out first, one of the few people in the YMCA as other studios are proliferating in the area.  She then went to Wegman's to pick up some Heinz Ketchup for our meatloaf and came home with four or five bags of groceries.  That's why I do most of the shopping...I stick to the list like most husbands.

The Woods, The Leaves

Woodlawn/Victoria Trail
Around 3:45, I felt like doing something outdoors and even though it was still gray and nasty out, it had stopped raining so I walked the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, thinking most of the way about what it will look like tomorrow when we supposedly get some snow.  The paths are covered with fallen leaves, a rich, golden brown in the late afternoon sun, the trees bare, their trunks vertical, rising up to the sky.  I got home around 4:30 and Evie had just returned so we unpacked together.


Victoria Creek
Woodlawn
At 5:00, Evie got out the grond beef, the Lipton onion soup mix and put together our meatloaf.  I washed some red poatoes and Evie cleaned some brussel sprouts so dinner was practically made.  We then relaxed for a good hour with wine and appetizers, taking photographs of the darkening sky, listening to the news, then an old band from the late 60's and 70's called King Crimson.
4:12

4:24
Our friend Ron had recently been to their concert in Pittsburgh and we were not very familiar with the band so we typed them into Apple Music and we had most of their songs, a combination of rock and jazz or so we thought, mainly instrumental but upbeat and energetic.  Our meatloaf was just what we wanted, doused with ketchup or course and I finished everyone of the brussel sprouts, not having had any (my favorite vegetable) since Thanksgiving.  We watched one boring episode of the THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, a real disappointment after the previous episodes.  We turned to Stephen Colbert, his interview with Billy Bush, to make us laugh, at the irony of Billy's getting fired for his interview while Trump gets elected president. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...