Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Nasty Morning Of Wind And Rain

7:25

7:37
Not much of a morning here at the lake, no apparent sunrise, just gray sky, gray lake, and me.  It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour, half listening to the latest news, thinking about the snow which may arrive tomorrow and Thursday.  For now, we are not supposed to get more than a couple of inches but Buffalo may get a couple of feet, the worst case scenario.

Yesterday was the beginning of my desire to get back in yoga shape.  For the first time since August, I went to yoga in Lakewood.  I hope to keep it up for the next few months unless we end up taking another extended road trip, probably not until late April when it gets wet and muddy here at the lake.  It was good to see some of the regulars, who wondered where I had been...traveling and enjoying the fall I told them.  I was surprised that I was not too out of yoga shape and ended the class feeling much better than went I went in.  After class, I stopped at Ryder's Cup for coffee, picked up a couple of dozen organic eggs, then went to Wegman's, again, to pick up a few things for our gyro dinner.  I ran into a couple of yoga friends as usual who, like me, end up making yoga and shopping a routine.  I also stopped the ATM which was out of order, so I had to actually walk inside and make use of a teller, so old fashion, interaction with a human being.

When I got home, I quickly put on my work clothes because Evie wanted the front windows washed and we knew yesterday would be the last sunny day for awhile.  So I got out my squeegee, cloths, and washed the windows, the windows that are at the moment being pelted by rain.  Lunch was easy, just warm up some cauliflower soup and the leftover over chicken tikka masala with rice.  I started a new German series on Netflix called DARK, the kind Evie would not much like.  So far so good but as usual, a bit difficult to figure out what's going on other than two children have gone missing.

Evie went off around 1:00, to do some shopping and workout at the gym.  Unfortunately, shopping at TJ Maxx got the better of her that she never made it to the YMCA for her workout, a bad girl.  Meanwhile, I took a nap, read some, then went outside and cleaned up our yard, took a couple of barrels of twigs and leaves up the hill, and made sure our garage was ready for one of our cars.  Around 3:00, a guilty Evie walked in the house, debating whether to tell me the truth (took her back to childhood) that she skipped the gym.  Unlike most politicians, she told me the truth.

Around 5:30, we got out the wine, poured ourselves a glass and Evie started preparing the pork gyro meat by taking it out of the marinade, spreading the pieces out on a large baking sheet, quartering two onions, putting them on top, then grilling the pork pieces in the oven until they were crisp, about 35 minutes.  It looked good, so we made up gyros with tomatoes, onions, a yogurt/tahini sauce and we had something more like pork carnitas, a Mexican dish.  The gyros were tasty but did not taste at all like a gyro from Istanbul or Athens.  Still, I had a couple of them.  We liked them but not enough to try it again.  The rest of the evening was a delight, as we binge watched a much ballyhooed new series from Amazon called THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL.  It's a comedy, set in the 1950's in a Jewish family.  Mrs. Maisel, a twenty-six-year-old Mom, struggles to find herself in the male world of stand up comedy.  It's a MUST watch.  We viewed four episodes, from 6:45 till after 10:00 and will no doubt finish the series tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...