Monday, December 11, 2017

Cold And Gray

7:50
It's almost 9:00 and I am just starting my blog.  I got up later than ever, at 7:45, after another sleepless early morning.  Lots of waterfowl, mostly geese but also a raft of hooded mergansers, skittish when I walk outside to get a photograph.  It's 28º out, a couple of inches of snow cover the ground and more snow predicted this evening.

Hooded Mergansers
Yesterday was another day of laying around for me, still achy and tired but Evie more than made of for me.  We decided early to cancel our dinner with Linda and Ron at our house. We were worried whatever I have might be contagious. Too bad because Evie had already started to plan and make dinner so we had to go ahead with it without our friends.  While I read, watched some football, and napped, Evie spent most of the day keeping busy, mostly in the kitchen.  I was tired from watching her.

Besides putting together a great dinner, an eye of round, salad and mashed potatoes and gravy, she made me a breakfast of scrambled eggs with crumbled bacon, just like my Mom used to make.  And she made another batch of sugar cookies, to munch on after our dinner.  Neither of us stepped outside and there are no tracks through the snow to our car.  The walk is not even cleared.  That's how lazy I have been. 

Dinner was great and I still have an appetite so I went back for seconds and we obviously have enough for tonight's dinner as well.  We watched a couple of more episodes of A PLACE TO CALL HOME and have just one more episode to finish up with Season 1.  I finished my John Sanford novel, as Lucas Davenport,  Minneapolis detective, survived a couple of shootouts to catch the varmints, in this case, Native Americans, intent on punishing the white man for stealing their lands. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...