Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Two Fishing Boats And Me


6:05

6:08

6:09

8:30
I was up in time to see the sunrise, yippee.  I walked out on the dock to see its leisurely rise over Long Point on a clear, warm morning.  It's 63º already and will get up to 80º later in the day.  The lake is smooth, hardly a ripple and I cannot pass up a paddle as soon as I finish some of this blog.   Just got back from a 45 minute paddle, across to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home, a lovely, quiet morning on the lake.

Long Point

Sandy Bottom
Yesterday morning was overcast, with a chance of rain which we needed.  Alas, it hardly got things wet.  I went to a good yoga class at 9:30, seven of us, a perfect class size and I finally got my OM back!  Since it was Senior Tuesday at Wegman's,  I went and picked up a few things for the rest of the week.  When I got home, it was starting to drizzle and Evie had already planted more dahlias,  cut our lawn and was working on scraping the paint off of two of our benches.  We moved the benches into the garage, then went upstairs and hung one more set of drapes in the orange room.  I then had lunch, by heating up the leftover chicken and veggie curry sauce and watched another episode of Spiral.

Evie then went outside and moved the benches back outside and continued to work on scraping and sanding them, getting them ready to paint, most likely next week.  We both then putzed around both outside and inside, getting a few things done, after my nap of course.  It started to clear up nicely around 3:30 and I left Evie to continue sanding to go for a kayak paddle, something I haven't done in a week of so because of the inclement weather.  As I paddled off, a warm breeze hit me and all I needed was a tee shirt, a reminder of the warm weather to come.  Around 6:00, we were both excited to have a beer on the dock, to relax, and enjoy the sun, the warm breeze, the action of the lake, both martins, swallows, ducks and fishing boats.
A Male Purple Martin Guards His Gal
We had spaghetti for dinner, with mushrooms and Italian sausage, a good choice because it was easy and tasty.  We watched a quirky German movie which was nominated for Best Foreign Film called Toni Erdmann.  It was not our favorite though we stuck with it for over two hours although it almost three hours long.  We will finish it tonight but two hours was enough for one night.  We then watched some of the 'Nightly Breaking News', as the Comey notes suggest Trump asked him to stop the investigation of General Flynn.  Of course,  MSNBC and CNN were all in a tither while Fox News remained mostly disinterested except for Hannity, the madman of Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...