Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pink To Red To Blue/Gray


5:54

5:54

5:55

5:55
6:03
Up before 6:00 once again, to a bright pink, almost red sky which disappeared within minutes, as the clouds took over and it began to drizzle, hardly enough to the wet the ground.  It's 45º, rain forecast for the morning but will stop by noon.

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
Wednesday was a very busy day for Evie as she spent almost all of it outside, working on weeding her garden, a seemingly endless task. I went to yoga of course, then came straight home because I knew we had lots to do and the day was perfect for working outside.  So, while Evie was weeding, I began raking the area in our backyard that was torn up by fixing our well.  I had already put down mucho buckets of topsoil, so all I needed to do is smooth it out, then scatter grass seeds.  Once that was done, I roughed the area once again and prayed for rain which is why we are getting some this morning.  Evie then took time out  to make a great lunch, spinach and eggs, fast becoming another one of my favorite breakfasts, lunches, or dinners.  I feel like Popeye after eating. While I ate I watched some TV, read and tried to nap, Evie enjoyed a respite on the dock, copping some rays as we used to say back in the day.

A Famished Oriole
By 2:30, we were both back out in the yard, working on clearing weeds and leaves from the privets, then fertilizing them, and hoping they form a nice green wall along our yard.  While Evie continued to work, I cleared some of the weeds from the bare area where we keep our dock during the winter.  It always kills the grass, so once again, I seeded the area, then spread a thin layer of top soil over it.  By 4:30, I had enough and my back was starting to bother me from bending over a rake or weeding, a wimp no doubt.  So I pulled out a yoga mat, put it down in the middle of our green yard and sun bathed for a half hour, a delicious end to my busy day.  Evie, however, did not have enough so she fired up the lawn mower, cut the grass, then potted more dahlias before coming in to the house for a beer as the day waned.  We both felt good about our progress in the garden and yard, a day well done.

Sated With Grape Jelly
Fortunately, we had another easy dinner because by the time Evie had her beer, she had enough 'doing' and making a dinner sounded terrible.  So she heated up the leftover Mississippi beef and mashed potatoes, made a salad, and we had a fine dinner.  It was hard to escape the news and what seems to be the lies, 'the cover up' of Trump's reasons for firing of the FBI director.  We watched the most recent episode of THE AMERICANS, once our favorite series but it seems to be running out of gas this season.  They need to pick it up, make something happen rather then agonize over Paige.  By the way, I spent much of the day running our water from having shocked the well Tuesday night.  As of this morning, we still have the odor of chlorine, so I will have to keep running the water on and off till it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...