Tuesday, May 16, 2017

An Early Morning Invasion Of The Clouds

6:16

6:30

7:02
I woke up at 6:10 to light in our bedroom and I knew I missed  the sunrise by a few minutes.  C'est la vie.  I made coffee, turned on Morning Joe and watched the sky change from sunny and clear to masses of clouds move in, creating a more interesting photograph.  It's 45º at the moment, a quiet morning on the lake, no boats, a smooth lake, only the sounds of martins happily building their nests.
Yesterday, especially yesterday afternoon, was a wasted day, alas.  It began well, with a crowded yoga class in Lakewood and I walked outside to a sunny, cool morning.  I then stopped at Home Depot and picked up screws and anchors because we are putting up light blocking curtains in one of our back bedrooms.  When I got home, we decided to see what the curtains looked like, so we put one up and decided to wait for the other to see how well it blocked out the light.  Evie, then, made me a quick lunch, an avocado/tomato sandwich, and I heated up some ramen.

We left for Buffalo at 1:00, hit a detour on our way to Stockton and wasted about ten minutes getting around it.  Evie had a tmj appointment for a check up and to get a mold made for a mouth guard to keep her from clenching her teeth at night.  So we decided to make an afternoon of it.  I made an appointment at the Apple Store Genius Bar because I was having a few problems with my Mac Air.  We parked at the Galleria Mall and while I had my computer diagnosed for problems by the Apple genius, Evie walked around the mall.  And although I still have minor problems with my computer, the diagnosis showed there was nothing wrong.  It sounds like when I go to the doctor's office with a problem, but the tests show nothing is wrong.  So that was a wasted half hour.  We then fought Buffalo traffic for 20 minutes trying to find a Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Neither of us are used to traffic so it was nail biting much of the way, jumping on and off freeways backed up with late afternoon traffic.  We finally ended up at the dentist office in a tree lined neighborhood.  We think his office is appended to his home.  Evie was there for about a half hour and we will be back in three weeks to pick up the guard.

We then hit the crowded highways once again and did not breathe easily until we got off of Rt 90 in Fredonia and hit the back roads.  We decided we deserved a treat, so we were going to stop at the Stockton Inn for a beer and a burger.  It was closed, alas, even though we had talked to the bartender two weeks ago and he said they were open on Mondays.  So we drove home and Evie pulled some frozen pizza out of the freezer, heated it up for a half hour and made a great salad, with tomatoes, eggs, and blue cheese.  We watched some of the breaking news, always about another Trump lie or faux pas, then returned to our 8 hour documentary on O. J.  We watched it for about an hour and a half but had enough by 9:30, so we watched Vice News before bed.  It was not the best of days but we did get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...