Friday, May 19, 2017

A Good Day For A Road Trip

6:24

6:25
I slept in some, until 6:20 and came downstairs to a gray morning but one that's beginning to cool off although 72º may not seem that cool.  We are driving to Columbus later today for the weekend because my Ohio University basketball team, 1963-65, is being inducted into the Ohio Basketball Hall Of Fame.  It looks like hot and humid weather, with a strong possibility of rain, alas, but it will be fun to see my teammates.

s
Swimming In May


We spent much of yesterday like always on the day before a road trip, thinking and organizing about what we want to take with us for a weekend.  We know we always over pack so we are trying to be more frugal with our clothes.  It's much easier for guys as we don't have as much of a choice, jeans and a shirt for casual wear, a coat and tie for formal.  Not so for Evie so she had our bedroom covered with possible outfits before finally deciding, with my help, on two, one for Friday, one for Saturday night.  It's always relaxing to have finally made up your mind and stop worrying about what to take, what to wear. 

I did get in a yoga class, which was not as crowded as usual. Clearly, the 90º weather takes its toll on class size.  For me, yoga loses its appeal on sunny and hot days, like most of the summer.  I stopped at Ryder's Cup and was congratulated by the barrista on my team's induction into the Basketball Hall Of Fame.  It surprised me until she mentioned one of my friends had been in earlier in the morning, knew that I would be in for a coffee and told her.  Funny.

When I got home, Evie was finishing up cutting the lawn and asked me to do some trimming. So I got out my old weed wacker, plugged it in and started trimming around trees and our lake wall.  As I was finishing, I began to smell something burning and realized it was the weed wacker.  I set it aside for an hour, hoping that I had overdone it but when I tried it later, it would not start up.  So now I have to get a new one or continue to hand shears.

Afterwards, I changed shirts because I had worked up a sweat weed wacking, not exactly an arduous task and then had lunch, pizza and a banana with peanut butter for dessert.  The rest of the afternoon we both took it easy, getting things organized for our trip, the car, our devices, what shoes we needed, things like that.  Around 5:00, we took a couple of  beers out to the dock to enjoy the late afternoon. It was uncomfortably warm at times, with a warm, even hot southeasterly wind,

We had leftovers for dinner, chicken and noodles, and finished up the German movie we had started on Wednesday, Toni Erdmann.   I can't say we liked it much but stayed with it to the end, if only to see how it ended.  It didn't, just stopped.  We finished the night with FARGO, a series we are losing interest in and ended the night with a comedy, Keifer Sutherland in DESIGNATED SURVIVOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...