Wednesday, May 31, 2017

An Early Wednesday Morning


5:58

6:27

6:30
I guess I am getting up with the sun, as I was out on our porch at 5:45, waiting for the sun to pop up over the horizon.  It finally showed its grandeur just before 6:00.  Now, at 6:30, it's hidden behind a bank of clouds, the lake changing from blue to gray.  I am heading back to the dentist this morning at 8:00 for what the dentist calls minor dental surgery on my gums.  I don't think it's  going to be much fun.

A Profusion Of Rhododendrons In Our Yard
Yesterday was a strange day as every time we thought we should go out on the dock to get some sun, it would cloud up and we forgot about it.  Not that I wanted to dock it early other than to eat my breakfast and enjoy the early morning.  I drove to the dentist at 9:00, thinking I was getting a root canal but after some consultation, I am getting some dental surgery this morning because of an infection or abscess.  Who knows if this is the right decision.  You put yourself in the hands of the doctor, in this case, dentist, and hope he is competent and honest.  So I left the dentist office earlier than expected and stopped at Walmart to pick up oil for both my boat and lawnmower.  It is much cheaper at Walmart than a Marina.

A Common Summer Scene, The Grasshopper Sailboat
When I got home, Evie had put out a panoply of leftovers on the counter for lunch and I picked out the leftover pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes and popped it in the microwave for a few minutes and I had a dandy lunch.  Both of us took it easy the rest of the afternoon.  Evie tried to sunbathe on the dock but the cool winds drove her inside.  Around 4:00, both of us had enough of this leisure, so what do we do when bored on a sunny afternoon?  Power up both lawn mower and cut the yards.  We both like the looks of a mowed lawn, the smell of freshly cut grass.

6:30
We settled down on our porch around 6:00, marveling at 'our lake,' or so it seemed as we seemed to be the only one on it, no boats, no people, just Evie and me on the porch, enjoying a Manhattan and some great Castello cheese and crackers.  It was one of those nights where we expected the worst, rain and winds, but got a brief beautiful blue sky, clumps of white clouds, then a stormy sky and an empty lake, just Evie and me, sitting on our porch.

7:56
7:57
We ended up listening to tunes on the amazing Apple Music (thanks, Tommy) and ended up listening to Don Ho, from Hawaii Nei, singing some of his Hawaiian music, my favorite 'I'll Remember You.'  It was made famous by Elvis Presley and written by and sung by Bob Dylan.  His version is terrible, sorry Dylan fans.  Don Ho's version is still the best.



Dinner was not quite as picturesque as our cocktail hour but tasty, sloppy joes that we froze a few weeks ago.  I have to say that there is nothing like a sloppy joe at the right time, on a bun, with a pickle on the side.  Last night was the right time.  We hurried through our dinner because Frank and Claire Underwood were back on Netflix after a year's hiatus in House Of Cards.  It seemed to be a slow start, as we are not sure after a year what's going on other than Frank is running for re-election. No bells and whistles yet; we will give it time and hope it measures up to the past seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...