Friday, May 12, 2017

Alternative Reality


5:55

8:15
A bit of color early but mostly just a gray sky and wrinkled lake surface, the one high note, the sounds of purple martins, building their nests.  It's starting to warm up again, 51º, with no freeze warnings in the near future, just rain over the weekend.

I decided to skip yoga yesterday, a bad boy, and found myself bereft of things to do.  Yoga class fills most mornings, giving me something to do which I need,  giving Evie a morning to herself.  Neither happened yesterday.  So, after fiddling around, thinking of something to do, I hit upon the idea of putting together a bread recipe, a healthy recipe with oats, quinoa, and flax seeds, as well as, of course, flour, water and yeast.  Once that was done, I still needed something to do so I decided to get something done on my 'must do' list which I tend to put off.  So I drove to Mayville and registered both my boat and trailer, both having expired this year.  I then stopped at the Lighthouse Grocery to pick up lunch, a sub sandwich and by the time I returned home, it was about the same time as I would have returned from yoga, so I was back in routine.

Meanwhile, Evie had been a good  girl and was working in the yard, weeding and weeding the weed filled garden.  It's a slow arduous process but at least she can see the results.  Around 1:00, I had half of the sub sandwich, and I watched my show.  Evie went back out to work in the yard, leaving me to read and nap.  Around 3:00, we got a call from our Amish friend , Adam, and he suggested we go out to his friends farm on Wellman Road where the poly wood Adirondack chairs are made.  So we decided to take a break from yard work and drove out to the workshop, filled with all kinds of wood working machines and all kinds and colors of chairs.  We had a great talk with Johnnie, the chair maker, and he convinced us to stick with his design, rather than copying the chair we had brought him.  So we ended up ordering two Adirondack's, one with a leg rest, and a matching table, all in ivory, an upcharge of course.  He also fixed the broken board on our wooden Adirondack so we can still use it. We had a fun time talking with him and highly recommend him.

Heavy Traffic on Wellman Road
Because we were late getting home, we stopped at the Ashville Country Store and picked up a pizza for dinner, making it an easy night for Evie.  We cleaned up the yard and I took more weeds and twigs up the hill before we settled down in the living room, with a beer, and excitedly went through the Shutterfly Photo Book Evie had put together a couple of weeks ago.  It arrived just as we were driving off to look at chairs so we had to wait until we got home to see it.  This is the fourth year Evie has made a book of our summers with family and friends and they are all great, filled with memories.
Around 7:00, we had pizza and a Pepsi, what else,  and watched the various news programs discuss the Trump interview with Lester Holt, then Fargo, increasingly confusing and bizarre, followed by Designated Survivor, our go to comedy, and Vice News.  That was enough to send us up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...