Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Winter Days

8:05
It's an early morning for me, like most, as I am up at 5:45.  There's a glow on the horizon, off to the south but it's mostly dark.  It's not as cold this morning, a  toasty 30º.

Yesterday we both got our groove back after a fussy Monday, where both of us were 'cranky.'  This morning I went to a good yoga class with Julie, a beginning class but still I always learn something. After, I stopped for a coffee, said aloha to Dave, the regular, stopped at the bank to cash two checks from Barclay's bank.  For some reason, they say they owed us a couple hundred bucks so I didn't argue...just put the checks in the bank.  I will probably find they want their money back in a couple of weeks because they sent it to the wrong Tom Davis.  After the bank, on to Evans Wines, for a bottle of dry vermouth and a bottle of Martini and Rossi's Bianco, a drink we enjoyed with our good friend Hasan Teoman in the southern Turkish town of Gocek.  Good memories from the fall of 2009, seems like a life time ago not seven years.  I finished my morning at, where else, Wegman's, stocking up for the week, getting everything on the list and even remembering to get the 5% senior citizen discount.

When I got home, Evie had lunch ready, a bowl of her vegetable soup and toasted ham and cheese sandwiches on buns.  She was then off to get a workout in at he Y despite not feeling chipper.  I finished the second season of Wallander and am wondering what season three will look like because three of the other main characters have moved on, at least on the show.  I then started a new book, A LITTLE LIFE, after putting aside THE FALL GUY, which I quickly tired of, something I don't usually do...put aside a book I am half way through.  Evie got home earlier than usual, having gotten in a short workout but a workout nevertheless.

Woodlawn/Victoria Woods, Late Afternoon

Cross Country Skiing

Around 4:00, I went outside and shoveled our parking spaces on both sides of the road, then strapped on my skis and went bushwhacking in Woodlawn/Victoria woods.  I loved it, making my own trails between trees, and it's a real workout.  My tee shirt was soaked by the time I returned home.  I also ran into Jeff, our neighbor, who also was in the woods skiing.  It's nice to have an area to ski which is just behind our house.

Dusk
Evie was prepping salmon picata with spinach and white beans, a recipe we found on the Internet.  It took a bit of prepping but we were still able to relax with a glass of wine before going back in the kitchen to cook the salmon, make the sauce, and plate our dinner.  We couldn't wait to hear Trump's Apprentice style announcement of SCOTUS...NOT.  We skipped it and watched a couple of our shows on Netflix, much more satisfying and true to life.  First, another episode of KACAK, the Turkish soap opera, then a new Wallander, the first episode of the third season.  Suddenly he is a doting grandfather, with a daughter and son in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...