Friday, February 10, 2017

A Wonderful Winter Morning On The Lake

7:27

7:34
It's almost 8:00 and Evie and I are both up, busy on our computers or iPad, occasionally commenting on the news but mostly, we are engrossed on our devices.  That's modern life.  It's 16º out, a partly cloudy sky, and we got perhaps six inches of snow yesterday so everything is white once again.  I love winter.

Yesterday was a strange day.  Little snow was forecast but whenever we headed off in our car, we hit whiteouts, so that by 5:00, I was out shoveling our parking space.  To begin, it was an easy drive to yoga, another good class with an emphasis on our backs.  After yoga, I drove to Celeron, picked up a free inhaler from the doctor for my cough, then stopped at Sam's, got my tires rotated for free, bought a few groceries, filled up my car with cheap gas, and headed out.  But driving home, I often had to drive in the 20's, making sure I could stop in time, that I could see the road through the inches of snow.  As long as I took my time, it was fine.

When I got home, Evie was ready to head out to the gym but she decided to wait out the seemingly endless snowfall.  While I was gone, she took the broccoli and cauliflower casserole from the other night's dinner, and made a creamy soup out of it.  She then browned some croutons and I had a hefty lunch.  And I watched, sadly, the last episode of Wallander.  The series ends with him announcing to his group his retirement because of Alzheimer's and our last view of him is of his walking along the shoreline near his home.  I will miss him.

Long Point In Late Afternoon
Evie finally decided to bite the bullet (cliche) and drove to the gym in a snowfall.  She did get a good workout, which made the drive worth it even though driving home was tough, like mine, as she hit various whiteouts and had a hard time making out the road.  We both were happy to be home and cosy in our house and not have to venture out again.  We were able to have a relaxing hour with our wine because Evie had already put together our dinner of eggplant and tomatoes with a good dose of red pepper flakes.  When it was time to eat, she boiled up some capellini, made a salad and we had a healthy, meatless dinner.  Both of us love eggplant in any dish, like good Turks.  We watched some of the breaking news, that elicited a quick response from Trump: 'SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE.'  It's nice to know our president is hard at work.

Close To Shore
We watched a couple of episodes of THIS IS US, a sitcom our son Tom highly recommended.  We watched the first episode back in October, liked it, but we then took off on a trip and never watched it again.  I think we are going to like it.  We then watched a new confusing episode from FX called LEGION, seemingly about mutants with supernatural powers. We will stick with it another week or two but if we don't get it, we will bag it.  We ended with VICE NEWS from HBO, then went up to bed.

In his own words: "Sen. McCain should not be talking about the success or failure of a mission to the media. Only emboldens the enemy! He's been losing so long he doesn't know how to win anymore, just look at the mess our country is in - bogged down in conflict all over the place. Our hero.."
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...