Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Jet Stream Sky Morning


6:59

7:00
7:48
It's 7:40 and I have been up since 6:30.  It's been another amazing morning sky of jet streams, cloud groupings and blue skies.  Evie's up now as well, and we both just ran outside to our front porch to take pictures of a fox (coyote?) walking, then running in the middle of the lake, a rare occurrence.  It was exciting, a good start to the weekend.

A Solitary Fox

Trotting Off From Long Point
Yesterday, Friday, the beginning to a warm weekend, was much like Thursday.  I did go to yoga with Julie and we talked some about the meeting this morning with our local representative to Congress, Tom Reed who is addressing our county at the Senior Center at 9:15.  I am going to hear him speak and it should be interesting because the natives are getting restless.  After yoga, I shopped at Wegman's, picked up a half pound of shallots for a chicken recipe I came across on the New York Times which sounded good.  It will probably be tasteless and average but I want to give it a try, or rather, with Evie's help will give it a try.

When I got home, I decided to have an easy lunch, black bean soup with a bagel and I watched TV for a bit before deciding I preferred a nap.  Evie meanwhile was taking it easy as well, taking a short break from the Y.

Woodlawn Creek
And, like Thursday, I went cross country skiing in our woods despite the worsening conditions, the wet snow.  I was able, however, to follow my tracks from yesterday and I had a good workout although much of the snow on the trees had melted.  It's always great to be in the woods, however, so I enjoyed myself, and worked up a sweat.  This may be the last time I get to ski this year.

Dusk
We had thoughts of going out to dinner but it sounded too good to just hunker down in our living room with a glass of wine, watch the sky slowly darken and have an easy dinner of eggs, bacon, home fries, bagels and salad.  So we did it.  Nothing like a good breakfast for dinner, right.  And we love our Applewood bacon from Trader Joe's.  We pick up two or three pounds each time we go there, and Evie cuts it up in quarter pound packages and freezes it for evenings like last night.

Ellery Farm At Dusk
We are really into THIS IS US (thanks to our son Tom's recommendation), so we watched two more episodes before another episode of Vice News, which lets us know about what's going on in the rest of the world.  Trump so dominates our news that we like most people don't know what's going on in the rest of the world, like the terrorist attack in Pakistan which killed 80 pilgrims at a Sufi shine.  And the government's responded by killing over 100 militants.  It's things like this that we learn from Vice News and is ignored by our Trump Centric News Channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...